Tuesday, March 14, 2017

called to serve

several life events have lead me to this point in my life. 

I am grateful for a family that loves and supports me in everything I do. I am grateful for my grandparents who have been such great examples of serving the Lord. I am especially grateful for the sealing power in the temple that binds me to my family for eternity. most importantly, I am grateful for my Savior, who made this all possible. He is my ultimate source of strength and comfort as I face these next 18 months.

it is a bittersweet feeling to leave everything I know to serve the Lord. but He is the reason I have accepted the call to serve. i have found great comfort from the words of Christ when He states. "Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come." 

I will do my best. I have a lot of weaknesses and a lot to learn but I am withholding nothing from the Lord. I will serve with all my heart, might, mind and strength. I will be faithful and give it all I have to give. 

I know that this church is true. I am so excited to bring this happiness to those in Argentina. I know that Joseph Smith was called of God. I know that he saw God the Eternal Father and His Son Jesus Christ in a grove of trees. I know that Joseph Smith restored the gospel of Jesus Christ and translated the Book of Mormon. I know that the Book of Mormon is the most true book and that as we abide by its teachings, we can feel the love of our Savior. I know that temples are the house of the Lord. I know that families can be sealed for eternity in temples. I know that Heavenly Father sent His only Son, Jesus Christ, down to earth to atone for our sins so that we can return to live with Him again. I know that God lives. God loves. and I know that God has the power to change our lives. 


see you in 18,
hermana mannewitz






No comments:

Post a Comment