Sunday, March 26, 2017

Dork Days

Hola friends and family!!!

First of all, thank you so much for all the love and support you constantly give. It is much needed as I am learning a new language. I would say that my Spanish knowledge is comparable to Gru in Despicable Me when he is trying to adopt margo, edith and agnus - he pretends he knows what he is doing but he actually has no clue. That is totally me right now. I am trying my best to speak the language but I mess up all the time lol. I'm so glad that I took 4 years of spanish in high school but that only got me through the first day. I can pretty much understand everything our teacher is talking about but i really struggle speaking. we had our first lesson with a native speaker last night and let's just say it went. we didn't do as well as we had hoped but we did commit her to read 3 nephi 11 and pray to know the truth of the book of mormon so thats good. other than that, i still have a lot to learn but i love it here and i am so happy.

My companion is AMAZING! Her name is hermana tolsen and we have so much in common. we both love shoes, survivor and polynesians! she also loves to read (not similar to me), play lacrosse and is from Idaho falls. and the best part is that she is going to salta so I will get to travel to argentina with her. life is too good. 

We have a district of all hermanas (sisters). it is awesome because we are bonding so hard. I got asked to be the district leader (since there are only girls) which has been a lot to handle but I know that with the Lord, I can do anything. 

the food here in the MTC is okay. i love the comida because it is a good break from class and I am hungry all the time but its not that good or healthy. i will probably gain some weight just by eating here for 6 weeks. pero, esta bien. they do have byu creamery chocolate milk in the mtc which will probably lead to all the weight i will gain. 

luckily, i am getting the sleep I need each night. I am so exhausted after a long day of studies and brain work so i am pretty tired by the time i get home. 

i tripped down the stairs in front of all the new missionaries on thursday. it was pretty embarassing but i expect nothing less from my embarassing personality.

cool things I have learned:
- you are called for WHO YOU ARE
- I am my first convert
-replace every fearful thought with an act of faith (on the mission there are many times for fearful thoughts and even more times to act in faith. i love it)

email me!!! write me dear elders!!! pray for me and the people of Argentina!! 

i love you all!!

God lives. 
God loves. 
God has the power to change your life.

xoxo,
hermana mannewitz 



1. I got to see lots of family before I entered the MTC!! It was great to feel of their love and encouragement. 
2. my awesome companion - hermana tolsen. sorry about the red eyes lol
3. in case our name tags don't remind you that we are sister missionaries, our ugly shoes sure will
4. cash me outside room 119 probably struggling with spanish, how bo dat
5. todo el districto outside the provo temple! I saw mikayla burton at the temple and it MADE MY DAY! I know that the temple is the house of the Lord
6. we are really trying to master the digital camera selfie but normally we cut off peoples faces. 









No comments:

Post a Comment