Saturday, April 1, 2017

Ball so hard in el CCM

No big deal or anything but I won TWO games of knockout against my zone. Everyone was so impressed and I felt pretty honored but I quickly humbled myself because Spanish is muy difficult and I need all the help I can get! 

Good news: WE GET TO BE HOST MISSIONARIES!!!! That means that we get to welcome in the new missionaries who are coming in on Wednesday and we are SO excited!! 

bad news: we can't give hi-5's in the MTC which is really hard for me because I love hi-5's but I know I will be blessed as I follow all the rules. The reason behind the rule is because in some cultures, it is really disrespectful. And since we are going all around the world, we need to break those bad habits as we prepare to be a missionary!! The church is so true.

I seriously love my district of sisters. We get along so well and have truly made long lasting friendships just in the 10 days we have been here. They are hilarious. Each meal, I am scared to take a drink of my chocolate milk because I’m scared someone will say something funny and then milk will come out of my nose which would be v embarrassing. But I love them so much! 

We have devotionals every Sunday night and every Tuesday night and they are just the fuel I need to make it through the week! This past Sunday, the BYU men's chorus came and sang for us. They are VERY talented and also shared some very inspirational mission stories. The songs they sang really brought the Spirit and testified of the truthfulness of this gospel. Then on Tuesday night, elder palmer of the 70 came and spoke to us! He spoke about the power of the Holy Ghost while serving a mission. The Holy Ghost is SO important and is the way that we can become converted unto the Lord. I love the CCM (MTC) and am so happy here! 

Also, exciting news! I get to see my grandma and grandpa all the time here at the CCM. It is so fun to see them here and feel of their love and support! They were in our branch presidency but they just got reassigned :( but I still get to see them around so it’s great! Our branch presidency is awesome though! The Price's are heading on a mission in a couple weeks to Moldova (idk how to spell that) so we are sad to see them leave but are so excited for their future!!! They are like our CCM mom and dad and we really look up to them! 

Spanish is coming along - slowly but surely! We just started grammar yesterday so we still have a lot to learn but have learned so much already! Right now we have really been focusing on how to be a better teacher and how to invite the spirit into our lessons. We had 4 lessons with Miri this week - the investigator I was talking about last week. On Thursday, our lesson went really well. Miri told us that she felt a desire to pray because she knows that God is there and is listening to her prayers. So cool!!! Then she prayed for us at the end of the lesson. We were so excited. We really love Miri and want the best for her! THEN, on Friday morning, we walk into class and there she was. SHE IS OUR TEACHERS. SHE WAS BEING A FAKE INVESTIGATOR!  We were all so surprised (but not really because we know that they were just having us practice) but it was awesome. We really did think that she was a native speaker but she is actually just a white American. It was such a good experience teaching her and helping her come closer to Christ. I love being a missionary. 

Cool things I learned this week:
- Your hardest work is necessary but not sufficient - we need the Savior's help
- I have more faith in the Lord than _______________ (Spanish lol)
- A testimony is knowing something is true. Conversion is being true to what you know. 
- The greatest miracle in your life will be your own personal conversion
- There is so much power in testifying. As you bear testimony, the Holy Ghost will bear witness of the truthfulness you are speaking 

Thank you so much for the prayers!! I truly feel uplifted by your support! 

Watch conference! Send me dearelders (they are so fun to get! and free!) be happy!!! 

xoxo,
Hermana Mannewitz 



  
How I feel when we get to escape the CCM to walk on around the temple on Sunday afternoons!


   
Really pretty trees right outside the CCM!


lol Brother Hoogan accidentally took a picture of his tie instead of a picture of us



All 4 of us are headed to SALTA!!!



I think that is me in the very bottom.  What a beaut





 Sister LeSueur got some mom cookies and it was the best part of our day!



This is Elder Majors!!! He left on Monday for California but he is so funny. He told us that he dated all the girls in his ward just so he could let them down. What a homie. 

Who doesn't love Elder Majors?





 How we feel going into a lesson


  
 How we feel when we have the Holy Ghost so we know the lesson will go well


Me after I ate a philly cheese steak sandwich, french fries, two bananas 
and a bowl of cereal for lunch ​​




I GOT A PACKAGE FROM DARIN AND KALI AND MY FAVORITE LITTLE KIDS! IT
INCLUDED MY FAV MUFFINS AS WELL AS SOME HANDWRITTEN LETTERS <3

  


      My muffins  




Hermana Tolson was jealous she didn't have pockets

                                                        


All the district


When we can't understand Spanish we just...




  
Still practicing my drug dealing skills



  
Trace sent all the good stuff. Much love

  


ANOTHER PACKAGE! Shout out to Aunt Amy. You the best



Hermanas!

No comments:

Post a Comment