Monday, May 29, 2017

SOS and Suenos

May 22, 2017

They aren’t lying when they say that weeks feel like days and days feel like weeks.  Here we meet again.

CHISTOSOS
·       Made my first (and definitely not last) empanadas!  I will teach you all when I get back.
·       Hermana Norman got sick this week and I asked her what she thought she had and she said, “I think I have epilepsy.”  Turns out she just has an infection in her throat, but epilepsy is a close second.
·       On our way to the doctor’s office we were on the bus but we had no idea where we were.  We were the last ones on the bus, alone in the back, when suddenly Jonas Brothers started playing on the radio (SOS).  It was the weirdest thing because it was all Spanish music before that, but of course we sang along.
·       I saw the smallest midget I’ve ever seen in my life.  Literally 2 ½ feet tall at most.
·       There is a secret lemon pie competition going on in the ward and Hermana Norman and I are the judges.  One family made us lemon pie and we were telling the Caceres family how yummy it was.  Then Hermano Caceres said his was better and then made us some lol

MILAGROS
·       I had my first district meeting this week and it was great!  We talked about the importance of diligence in the work.
·       Last week when I was downloading pictures, a virus attacked my camera.  I know this is not that big of a deal, but I was freaking out.  So I said a prayer, asking my Heavenly Father to help fix my camera and help me focus on the work.  Let me tell you, Heavenly Father cares about the little things.  We were able to identify the problem and focus on our investigators.
·       I have been having lots of dreams here in Argentina and they are normally about my family and friends from home so I normally wake up a little anxious and homesick.  One night I prayed and asked Heavenly Father to please bless me with mission dreams and I totally had mission dreams.  Lots of our investigators were in my dream.  Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers!
·       We had ward council with the stake presidency this weekend and the topic was “Why are we not having any baptisms in this ward?”  Awkward.  It was a little harsh but now I feel motivated to work even harder and gain the trust of our members.

This week I was reading the First Presidency message in the Liahona and I really liked this scripture:
“The just shall live by faith.”  Romans 1:17
Dieter F. Uchtdorf added, “We are guided and directed by our faith.  We act in a manner that is consistent with our faith out of a confident and sincere love for our God and for the priceless wisdom He has revealed to His children.”  I add my testimony to his.  Our Heavenly Father loves us so much.  Jesus Christ lives and through Him we can have faith in Heavenly Father’s plan of happiness for us!
Have faith.  Have hope.
Live like His Son.
Help others on their way.

Love you all!
Hermana Mannewitz


PS  - Hermana Norman and I got asked to sing during ward conference today – dream come true!!  We were practicing every day until he called us and said “Never mind, you have been replaced.”  Dreams crushed!  And guess who replaced us?  Himself!  How rude!


District photo
Dinner and a movie
Made my first empanadas!
When you are the last on the bus and you have no idea what you are doing....
CHECK OUT THIS HUGE QUESADILLA!
Secret lemon pie competition
Dessert empanadas!  I think I'm gonna like it here!
Yummmmmmmm


No comments:

Post a Comment