Monday, May 29, 2017

Loco for Locro


May 29, 2017

Wow!  What a great week!  We are seeing so many miracles here in Limache as we are trying our best to be obedient.

CHISTOSOS:
·       We were in Centro walking around and a man asked in broken English “Hello friend.  You need a shoe shine no?”  jajaja  I know my missionary shoes are ugly but was that really necessary?
·       Trying to find people to teach, Hermana Norman and I were knocking on doors and this lady opened the door.  Her excuse:  “Sorry, I’m alone.”  But we could clearly see people behind her.  Cool!
·       We had a ward activity this week and so we were inviting anyone and everyone.  We gave an invitation to an old grandpa and he asked, “Are you two (me and Hermana Norman) going to go?”  Yes…  “Are y’all single?”  Ummm, Yes…. “Of course I’ll go!  I would love to eat with two beautiful women!”  Thanks grandpa!
·       One lady in our ward promised she would make hamburgers if we wanted and of course we want.  So we had a very awkward phone call – “Hola, we have been thinking about your hamburgers a lot….”
·       As a missionary, you are supposed to talk to everyone.  I love to talk but still struggle with Spanish but I have been saying, “Hola!  Buen dia” to everyone we pass all day long for the past month.  Hermana Norman decided to tell me this week that I have been saying, “Hello!  Good morning” to people at 8:00 at night.  That probably explains all the strange looks I have got – that and my fair skin.
·       13 year-old girl’s prayer:  “Please bless my dad that he can work a lot and make a lot of money and if not I will kill him.”
·       We had a ward activity this week and there was locro – a traditional Argentine soup.  It takes about 7 hours to cook (no joking) and it has to be stirred constantly.  The members were saying that there were pig feet and a whole bunch of other fun “meat” in the soup.  Let’s just say this fancy locro did not settle well in my stomach J

MILAGROS
·       This week I had the opportunity to go on splits with the Hermana capas (sister training leaders).  I got to spend the day in Vincinte Sola with Hermana Ureña.  I didn’t realize how safe and rich my area was until I was in this area.  I met a lot of humble families who have an incredible amount of faith in God.  It was a little hard for me to see this kind of poverty but it also strengthened my testimony that if we keep the commandments, the Lord will bless us.  There is one family that all lived in one small bedroom without heater/air conditioner and no bathroom (still don’t know how they use the bathroom).  However, when they heard about the gospel of Jesus Christ, they tried their faith and were baptized.  Since their baptism, the Lord has blessed them with so many things and they have been able to add onto their home – still have no bathroom though.  It was a great experience to meet this family and be strengthened by their faith.
·       One of our investigators, Mateo, is progressing really well towards baptism.  He is only 9 years old but he has the most sincere prayers.  He told us yesterday that he wanted to go on a mission but he wanted his mom to be his companion.  Me too dude!  Anyway, he is super excited for his baptism but has a hard time attending church, so please keep Mateo in your prayers so he can have the strength to go to church!
·       This week I finished The Book of Mormon!  Woohoo!  I love The Book of Mormon so much and know without a doubt that it is true.  I receive so much strength and can truly feel the Lord’s love when I read.  I took the Moroni challenge (pray with all my heart, and ask God if the book is true) and let me tell you.  It doesn’t matter how many times you have read and prayed about it.  God will manifest the truth again and again through the power of the Holy Ghost.  Now I get to read in Spanish with my family in Nebraska – distance doesn’t break our family scripture study. 

This week I was able to study a lot about the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  I will never fully comprehend the capacity of the Atonement but the more I study, the more grateful I am for the sacrifice of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  I really like a scripture in 3 Nephi 9:13 “return unto me….that I may heal you.”  I testify that is true.  He knows from experience how to heal and help us.  We only need to have the faith and be patient in His timing.  I am so grateful for my Savior and His infinite Atonement.  I know that it is only through Jesus Christ that we can return to the presence of our Heavenly Father.
Thank you for the prayers and support!

♥ Hermana Mannewitz


Argentine photo shoot
bought myself a frying pan
check out my shoes!

classic 7th grade mirror selfie
LOCRO
Mateo
We got to be the judges for the dessert competition!!!!
Argentine dancers
taking a bus to Stake Conference woohoo
bus selfie
made this cake thing.  idk but it was real good

No comments:

Post a Comment