Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Bautismo

June 12, 2017

Feliz Lunes!  I love every day of my mission, but I look forward to Monday’s because Hermana Norman and I enjoy eating churros and reading emails from our families in centro.  This is the life!

CHISTOSO:
·       During almuerzo there was this strange looking item of food in our soup so we asked the kids what it was and he said it was pig intestine.  Maybe it was better that I didn’t know. 
·       We had a lesson with an old lady who was practically deaf.  Hermana Norman gave the most beautiful prayer and ended in “Amen” but the grandma kept her head bowed because she thought we were still praying.  So Hermana Norman yelled “AMEN!”
·       We went to a breakfast buffet with some other Hermanas which was super fun.  I love breakfast and I love buffets so I got a bunch of food and one Hermana asked “Wow, are you hungry?”  “Haha yeah!  Breakfast, lunch and dinner!”   Haha ummmm no.
·       We were on our way to lunch the other day but it wasn’t until 2:00 so we were starving and exhausted of course.  This family lives on the 4th floor so when we got to the top we were bending over catching our breath, when we noticed this random man watching us from his apartment.  Haha!  Todo bien!
·       Another lesson was with an old lady who is inactive.  We asked her which hymn she wanted to sing and she said, “I don’t care.  I love all of the hymns.”  So Hermana Norman chose Hymn 71 and the lady grunted and said, “We always sing this song.”  Hermana Norman almost lost it. 
·       “Hi, is Monica home?”  “Yes, but she is in the shower.”  *we can see Monica through the window*
·       We got a toilet seat!  Not funny, this is serious stuff!  We got a toilet seat!
·       Hermana Norman was bearing her testimony during the spiritual high of our lesson and accidentally said caja (box).  The spirit as so strong and then left so quick. 

MILAGROS:                                                                          
·       Mateo was baptized and confirmed this past weekend and everything went so well.  The water was warm, and there was great member support and all of Mateo’s family was able to come.  Mateo was so so so excited to be baptized but maybe more importantly, to follow the example of Jesus Christ.  Seeing Mateo’s big smile right after his baptism was worth every single time we got rejected.  Even though Mateo accidentally ran away to play outside during the middle of the baptismal service.  I still got a little taste of the joy that comes from helping others come unto Christ through baptism. 
·       This week in district meeting we talked about some of the things that make the mission a little difficult and what we can do to improve.  The answer to all our problems is the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  Everything ties back to the atoning sacrifice of our Savior.  I have studied a lot about the Atonement but pretty sure I haven’t the slightest idea how infinite and eternal the power of the Atonement is.
·       I survived one transfer!  6 weeks ago today I was leaving the MTC.  I can’t believe I actually made it through one transfer.  I was a little emotional roller coaster but I have learned so much about myself and so much about the power of prayer.  Heavenly Father is always one prayer away and is always ready to help us – if we ask.  I am so happy to be here in Argentina!  The Spanish is a lot better – I can understand about 90% of what everyone is saying but I still need a lot of practice for my Spanish speaking skills.

I’ve been thinking a lot about the scripture in Alma 34:31-32:
“Yea, I would that ye would come forth and harden not your hearts any longer; for behold, now is the time and the day of your salvation;  and therefore, if ye will repent and harden not your hearts, immediately shall the great plan of redemption be brought about unto you.
For behold this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors.”
I love the invitation and word of caution in this scripture.  “Now is the time and day of our salvation.”  We must do everything we can DAILY to always be ready to return to the presence of the Lord.  Sometimes I think – “Oh, I’ll be a better missionary when I can speak Spanish better, or when I have more experience.  But no, HOY ES EL DIA that I can be better.  Hoy es el dia that I can serve with all my heart, might, mind and strength.  Although it is not easy, it comes down to a choice.  We can choose to follow the Savior of the world and thus choose eternal life or we can choose to follow the world and thus choose to separate ourselves from Heavenly Father eternally.  Hoy es el dia that we can make the choice to change things in order to experience Heavenly Father’s promises as we abide by His teachings. 

Love you all!

♥Hermana Mannewitz


A LLAMA IN CENTRO!
Llama selfie

Mateo and his family

Mateo and his Hermanas

Andres - our ward mission leader aka bff

We know this isn't allowed but Mateo gave Hermana Norman a hug

Got to visit Nelida in the hospital yesterday.
She is the greatest!!
Keep her in your prayers.
Please don't drink and drive friends!!

Toilet seatless...life was a little rough!  But now we have a
super awesome toilet seat and I am so thankful!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment