Thursday, June 8, 2017

Who let the dogs out?

June 5, 2017

Happy June!  I can’t believe I actually survived the month of May!  It’s been a pretty crazy and long week, but so good!

CHISTOSO
·       There is a place that makes pizza and calzones and has free delivery so of course we order all the time.  Well, this week, the lady answered the phone and said, “Hola chicas from Block 30.”  lol She knew where we lived since we order so much.
·       I don’t know if this belongs in the chistoso or Milagros but one family served us pea soup this week and I ate it with a smile of course.
·       I have a picture of my family in my scriptures and one almuerzo, the family was looking at the picture and then asked, “Are you fatter now?”  jajaja Thanks!
·       Update!  The hamburgers were so GOOD!  It had two hamburger patties, an egg, tomatoes, and lettuce – mmm so good.  When I saw how big it was I thought I would never be able to finish that huge burger.  Five minutes later I proved myself wrong.   The mission has truly changed me!
·       We went to Changomas – the Walmart of Argentina but it was really disappointing because they didn’t have peanut butter.
·       The dogs were more crazy than normal this week.  One time we had to walk out of a street backwards with a rock in hand because we didn’t want to be attacked.
·       Argentines steal a lot of American words and then just add an accent.  In lunch, my companion and this family kept on talking about this thing called r – ah – nch and I was so confused.  I asked my companion, “What’s r-ah-nch?”  She laughed and said, “ranch – like ranch dressing.”  haha I still have a lot to learn.

MILAGROS
·       I love being grateful!  It’s my favorite thing to do.  I am so grateful for the members of our ward because they are always so willing to serve.  Hermana Norman and I wrote thank you cards to a couple of families and I don’t know if it’s the culture or something but they were so excited.  Receiving a thank you note was like Christmas morning.  This was a great reminder to me to thank my Heavenly Father for all the amazing blessings I have – family and friends that are so supportive, the knowledge I have of the gospel of Jesus Christ, food – the list could go on and on. 
·       This week we had lunch with the Castro-Gonzalez family and it was the best.  It was the first almuerzo that I could more or less understand everything that was going on.  Then when it was time to share a scripture, they asked if we wanted to read one chapter of the Book of Mormon with them as a family (following the counsel of our prophet).  We didn’t have a lot of time but decided to read with them anyway and I am so glad we did.  We took turns reading verses (ps – pretty embarrassing when the 7 year-old reads better than you – thanks Spanish) and discussing the importance of each verse – just like we do in my family.  In this moment, Argentina felt like home.  I was surrounded by my ward family, feasting upon the words of Christ.  So glad that I am learning to love everything about Argentina.
·       Mateo is doing great.  He grew so much this week and we are so excited for the changes he is making in his life.  One day this week, he told us that he got an answer to his prayer.  So cute!  Then on Saturday night when we stopped by he was explaining how his throat hurt, so I was scared he was getting sick.  But then he explained he only wanted a drink of water, but he was fasting!!  We didn’t even remind him.  Then he bore his testimony in sacrament meeting and it was the most powerful testimony.  Keep him in your prayers as he prepares for baptism!

I was reading in 1st Corinthians as suggested by my buddy, Kassidy, about the power of our words.  I really like what it says in 1 Corinthians 13:1
“Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have
not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.”

I have been studying a lot about charity and other attributes of Jesus Christ.  This scripture really emphasizes that even if one has great capacities, gifts, talents, fluent Spanish, gifts such as eloquence, gift of prophecy, gifts of knowledge and faith and yet if our heart is not right, if we don’t have any charity, we are nothing.  How powerful!  It is so important that we do everything we can in this life to change and become more like Christ.  I think that is the purpose and central blessing of this life – change.  It is to incorporate into your character, the qualities of our Savior, Jesus Christ’s character.  Although I am still Kelly, I am far from perfect but I try my best to show charity – the pure love of Jesus Christ.

Be Happy!  Love you all!
♥ Hermana Mannewitz


Mormon coffee AKA malta AKA disgusting

But I love mugs so I was happy...

HAMBURGERS TAN BUENO

One morning we were working in this crazy fog!!
It was so cold and no one would open the door for us but that's okay!
It was a humbling experience.

It is getting pretty cold in Argentina!!!
This is an awesome hat and scarf combined.

A very nice lady in our ward made these hats for us.  My heart is so full!

Play the gospel louder eh?

I'm still young at heart!

The closest thing to cereal that we have had!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment