Monday, October 2, 2017

La Conferencia General

Hola!  Feliz Octubre!!  I hope you are all preparing your pumpkins, candy apples, and costumes.  Another great week here in Limache!  Stay tuned:

CHISTOSOS:
·       I’m going on a diet for the month of October.  That’s funny!
·       The life of a missionary in one sentence:  “Tengo hambre and teng 12 pesos.”  (I’m hungry and I have 12 pesos).  12 pesos is approximately $0.75, but luckily I could buy 2 alfajores.  But the man laughed at me when I said that.
·       This is less funny and more just an interesting fact.  Elder Damron (our district leader) got robbed and punched in the face.  Poor thing!
·       While we were walking and working in Limache, we saw a mother holding her young daughter over the street and she was pooping!  I didn’t want to see that!!

MILAGROS:
·       There are some really great Hermanas in my ward here in Limache that helped me make a skirt and dress.  I am so thankful for their time and help.
·       We had interviews with Presidente this week that went really well!  Even though he was 3 hours behind, when it was finally my turn, I was able to receive counsel and direction.  I know that Presidente Orquera is called by a prophet of God to lead and guide our mission and I am so thankful for him and his family.
·       GENERAL CONFERENCE!!  Wow!  General Conference was so good and I got to watch it in English which was truly a blessing.  I know that General Conference is a worldwide broadcast but I truly felt like they were speaking directly to me.  I learned a lot and have a lot to improve, but am grateful for the inspiration I received.  Keep President Monson and the family of Robert D. Hales in your prayers!  I know these men are called of God.  I know they receive revelation directly from our Heavenly Father that will help us have more peace and joy in this life.  Follow the Prophet!!!
·       There are always miracles in member missionary work.  This week we have been working extra hard to teach with members in every lesson.  The power in the testimony of an average latter-day saint truly helps our investigadores understand the importance of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
·       This week we had a lesson with Maria Emilia, our recent convert.  We began the lesson with just her by singing “I am a Child of God”.  By the second verse, her little brother and sister had wandered into the room to join us.  Music is powerful!  Her siblings are young and can’t read but were singing along.  Maria Emilia told us that she always sings “I am a Child of God” in her home to lift spirits.  I almost cried.  So grateful for her incredible example through music. 

This week I was studying in Mosiah 24 and absolutely loved what I learned.  Alma and his people were having some difficulties and needed divine help.  The first thing they did in their moment of crisis is pray.  Then we read how the Lord responded to their heart-felt cries:

“And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.
And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord.”  (verses 14-15)

I love these verses.  It doesn’t say that God took away their trials, but gave them strength to press forward.  And what did Alma and his people do?  GAVE THANKS!  I love the chain of events in this story:  cry unto the Lord → receive strength → give thanks.  There is so much power in being grateful!  Gratitude has changed my life. 

Les amo!  HOY ES EL DIA!

♥ Hermana Mannewitz

bautismo de Nelly





Nelly!

Rock in the house

Andrea Rodriguez and me

Flowers from our investigators

Hawaii or Argentina?

Love Hermano Caceres and his tongue

sweet shades

TC aka BFF

No comments:

Post a Comment