Tuesday, September 26, 2017

NELLY!

Hola amigos y familiares!  We had another wonderful week in paradise and witnessed so many miracles!  The sun is shining (and burning), the birds are tweeting, and I really couldn’t be much happier (well maybe with a bag of flaming hot Cheetos).  Just kidding!  I am so happy to be a missionary and serve my Savior!

CHISTOSOS
·       I SAW A RANDOM KID WEARING A NEBRASKA SWEATSHIRT!  What are the odds?  We are super far away from Nebraska, and Bueno, Nebraska isn’t that cool.  But that was a fun sight to see!
·       It happened.  I used a random lady’s bathroom.  Here in Argentina, there are no gas stations or anything so when you gotta go, you knock on doors until someone lets you in.  So, my apologies to the lady in San Carlos.
·       Like I explained, the sun is shining pretty hard and my poor white skin is getting a little crispy.  Don’t worry mom, I’m using lots of sunscreen!
·       We had a baptism this week (as explained in Milagros) and Hermana Adams and I were put in charge of filling the baptismal font.  But, bueno, we are two gringas and we had no idea what we were doing.  Out of all the things my dad taught me (which is a lot), I was very confused.  And we didn’t have any tools and so Hermana Adams and I were knocking on doors with a Spanish dictionary and asking the neighbors if they had any “herramientos”. So yeah, my Spanish is getting better but only in gospel vocabulary.
·       Found a small apartment with 26 cats, 6 dogs, 3 adults, and 3 children.  Welcome to Argentina!

MILAGROS
·       Nelly got baptized!  We found Nelly on September 1 and she got baptized on the 23rd.  We witnessed so many miracles with her in her very quick progression.  She is a witness that God is truly preparing people.  The member support was great and Nelly was so happy when she came out of the water.  She was talking to Hermana Adams and I that she feels like a new person.  The most special part is that now she has the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost.  She lives alone and suffers from depression and so often feels lonely.  But now, if she remains worthy, she can constantly feel of the love that God has specifically for her.  Love Nelly so much!
·       I got to see Hermana Norman!  She came to Salta for a meeting so it was so good to see her and remember the great times.  We had in limacher. Hermana Norman only has about 2 months left in the mission but continues to be such a great example of love and dedication! 
·      Sandra is progressing really well and should enter the waters of baptism soon! She is making lots of changes in her life to be worthy of the blessings that God is preparing for her. She has a great habit of reading the Book of Mormon every day to receive direction and the light of Christ. Keep her in your prayers! 
·       Priesthood power is so real! This week Nelly was sick and was really worried that she wasn’t going to be able to be baptized. We visited her with Andres, our ward mission leader, and Andres was able to give her a blessing of health and the promises would be accomplished according to her faith. Well let me tell you - Nelly has so much faith! Immediately after her blessing, she explained that she was feeling a calming sensation beginning in her eyes and healing in her throat, head and nose. I know that priesthood power is real. I know that if our faith is strong enough, we can receive the strength we need to press forward! 
·       We had zone conference this week and I was asked to do a practice...in Spanish...in front of a lot of people...That was terrifying but with the help of the Lord it went really well! 

This week I would like to share one of my scriptures that has given me hope for a better tomorrow! 
2 Nephi 25:25-26
For, for this end was the law given; wherefore the law hath become dead unto us, and we are made alive in Christ because of our faith; yet we keep the law because of the commandments.
And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins.
I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that He is the Son of God. I know that He suffered, died and was resurrected for every single one of us. I know He lives. I know He knows us and loves us perfectly. I find indescribable joy in Him. I know that only through Him, we can receive a remission for our sins and return to the presence of our Heavenly Father. I am in the mission to learn and grow closer to Him. Still seems crazy that I am in Argentina but like the scriptures says, I serve so my children know where to find a remission of their sins. And bueno, I don’t have any children yet but I serve so you all know - yes you - family, friends, strangers, every single one of you know that Jesus Christ lives, He loves, and He has changed my life. 

Thanks for all the prayers, love and support! 

HOY ES EL DIA! 


♥ Hermana Mannewitz 

Briefly reunited with Hermana Norman!!

Hermana Adams made a Captain America cheesecake

Nelly's baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment