Tuesday, December 19, 2017

all i want for Christmas is...

AGUA!!!!!! Yup....we can no longer drink the water here in Salta...at least for a week! We received an "emergency" phone call the other day letting us know that there is salmonella in the water so now we have to buy water. And water is not cheap. Bueno, it’s not that expensive but I would rather buy chocolate if you know what I mean :) 

Anyways, we found an amazing investigador recently named Agustina. She has 18 years but has been through a lot in her life to help strengthen her faith in our Savior Jesus Christ. She recently told us that she wants to be a missionary!!!!! YAY BECAUSE MISSIONS ARE THE BEEESSSSTTTTT!!!!!! So we are helping her learn more about the love from our Heavenly Father and prepare for a sacred promise with Him. 

Dios nos na poder! FYI it is pretty hot here in South America. And riding bikes all day in the beating sun makes me a little tired BUT GOD OUR STRENGTH WILL BE! The other day we had to be in the church at 800 for a meeting but with our luck, we had just finished a lesson and were far far away from the church. When we left the lesson, we hopped on our bikes, I looked at Hermana Westra and said VAMOS!!!! And then I sang called to serve all the way to the church and lots of people were staring but I don’t care because we got to the church in a quick 10 minutes. That is a record my friends. But I know that I received that strength from the Lord because fat Kelly would have probably just stopped for some ice cream on the way! 

Hey everyone. Wanna know the secret of missionary work? Bueno, you can´t tell your friends or my president...because it’s a secret. But I trust y’all so here it is: the secret to missionary work is THE HOLY GHOST! I have learned a lot from Hermana Westra about the power that comes from the Holy Ghost. Porque bueno, this is the Lords work and we are only instruments in His hands so we have to do it His way. And they only way we can know what His way is through the Holy Ghost. I have recently set some goals so that Ï can have the Holy Ghost more during lessons, planning, everything! So all you future missionaries out there....learn the way the spirit speaks to YOU! 

Did you like my baja cana last week? I promise I won’t do it again haha! But I found this scripture in my personal study yesterday and maybe shed a tear...okay I did. But anyway, we had a rough Sunday. It is hard for our investigadores to come to church and so sometimes I get a little discouraged. But afterwards I was reading in my favorite book - the Book of Mormon and found this treasure 

2 Nephi 4:26 reads:

“O then, if I have seen so great things, if the Lord in his condescension unto the children of men hath visited men in so much mercy, why should my heart weep and my soul linger in the valley of sorrow, and my flesh waste away, and my strength slacken, because of mine afflictions?”


Que lindo!!!! As I think of the all the innumerable blessings that God has given and continues to give me on a daily basis, I have absolutely no reason to be sad or discouraged. AND NEITHER DO YOU! So choose to be happy! Choose to be grateful! And choose to accept the love of our loving Heavenly Father!!!! 

Spanish word of the week: Navidad - CHRISTMAS 
WOOOHOOO CHRISTMAS IS COMING AND I GET TO TALK TO MY FAM! PRAY FOR GOOD CONNECTION! 

Love you all! Have a very merry Christmas and eat lots of cookies and win all the ugly Christmas sweater contests! 

HOY ES EL DIA! 


♥ Hermana Mannewitz

No comments:

Post a Comment