Tuesday, December 12, 2017

rubias tienen poder

Hola!!!! Hello! Whadduppp??? (That’s what Hermana Westra and I say now. Since we are two blondes, everyone always assumes that we only speak English so they yell in their strong Latino accent HELLO. It keeps me laughing)

Anyways, crazy week here in Guemes! We had a service activity, capilla abierta (open house at the church) and ward conference so wow. I’m quite the exhausted missionary. But here are some highlights of the week...

- WARD CHOIR WENT OUT WITH A BANG!!!!! I’m sure you were all on your seat waiting to hear how the choir turned out and I am here to tell you that it was a grand success. Everyone had matching scarfs like in Pitch Perfect and they didn’t sing as off tune as usual. I would call it a Golden Trophy kind of performance! 

- Here in Argentina, there is not a single spicy thing. They have this sauce that is supposed to be spicy but is far from spicy. But gracias a la Hermana Taylor, I have some siracha sauce in the apartment and I brought it to lunch so this grandma in our ward could try it and bueno, let me just tell y’all that she almost died. I have never seen such quick reflexes in all my life. Luckily we were already outside (because it is too hot to be indoors this days) so she spat so hard all over the ground. 

- We talked to the mom of Aron!!!!! Aron is on the list of people we have been teaching that really wants to be baptized but need permission from his mom and POR FIN we found her and talked and YAY THINGS ARE LOOKING GOOD! More than anything, we testified of the blessings that come from being a member of the church and en verdad, there are so many blessings! I know that God blesses us as we keep His commandments and strive to become more like our Savior, Jesus Christ. 

- Rebecca ya esta. Our ward mission leader’s girlfriend from Brazil is finally in town and poor thing doesn’t speak Spanish and everyone thinks they’re crazy but I love the drama 

-We had a ward activity this week to clean the public hospital here in Guemes. It was a great activity and pretty successful! We gave Christmas gifts, cleaned, and painted trees. Yeah...that’s a weird thing they do here in Argentina because there are so many bugs! But it was super fun! We got to use the Mormon Hands t-shirts and talk to a lot of people about our church and what we believe! 

- Are y’all LIGHTING THE WORLD???? Because Christmas ya viene. Which means that everyone should be extra holly jolly and loving the Christmas music on replay! But don’t forget to serve others and spread a little Christ-like love! 

Bueno, I’m gonna teach you all a little something about Argentina that is called BAJAR LA CAÑA!!!!  Don’t look it up in google translate because it doesn’t make sense but it happens all the time here in Guemes. Basically it means "cracking the whip" or like "whipping them into shape". idk. I don’t like to bajar la cana but my dear companion, Hermana Adams, taught me everything I needed to know. Here is my scripture of the week and an example of BAJA CANA:

I have learned a lot about the blessings that come from church attendance. I love seeing the changes in my investigadores lives after they have felt of the love that God has specifically for them in His house. I love the promises in 3 Nefi 18 that talk about the commandment and blessing of participating in the sacrament each week. 

3 Nefi 18:9 says, “And it came to pass that they did so, and did drink of it and were filled; and they gave unto the multitude, and they did drink, and they were filled.”

I love that it says and they were filled...with whatever they need in their life. Filled with hope, filled with love, filled with patience, filled with time, filled with temporal blessings. God is all-knowing and all-powerful so I know that as we obey commandments, we will be blessed. And bueno, for those who don’t keep the Sabbath day holy (this is where the baja cana comes in), there are different promises 

3 Nefi 18:13 says, “But whoso among you shall do more or less than these are not built upon my rock, but are built upon a sandy foundation; and when the rain descends, and the floods come, and the winds blow, and beat upon them, they shall fall, and the gates of hell are ready open to receive them.”

YA ESTAN ABIERTAS!!!! 

hahah and there you have it. The first baja cana that I have ever done! Hahaha but go to church. It’s good for you!!! 

LOVE YOU ALL! MERRY ALMOST CHRISTMAS!!!! 

Wow (Spanish word of the week): estornudar: to sneeze 

HOY ES EL DIA


♥ Hermana Mannewitz 

Awww yeah!

Barrio GUEMES represent

Woohoo!  Christmas gifts!

Demasiado gringos


Painting trees.  Yup.  That's what they do here.

FINISHED!

THAT'S A SPIDER!!
Don't zoom in too closely or you will see how terrible we are at making empanadas

I found a friend!  I think it was a small lizard but I'm not sure


No comments:

Post a Comment