Saturday, April 22, 2017

God loves broken things...

(From April 8, 2017)

And we are shattered

pero esta bien (but it’s okay)

Story time! So we have this thing en el CCM called TRC and I don't remember what it stands for but pretty much my companion and I teach a real investigator. Our investigator's name is Patricia and she is from Uruguay. She is a true native speaker and I have a really hard time understanding her but it is becoming better with time and as I love her. Anyway, on Monday, our district was super overwhelmed with everything and then that night we had our first TRC lesson. It was really rough. We all came back to the room in tears. Our teacher, Hermana Richards who I love SO much, gave us big hugs and then she shared some awesome advice. She shared the following scripture from the Book of Mormon (2 Nephi 2:7):

Behold, he offereth himself a sacrifice for sin, to answer the ends of the law, unto all those who have a broken heart and a contrite spirit; and unto none else can the ends of the law be answered.

This pretty much changed the course of my mission so far. I cannot do this on my own. I need the power of the Atonement right now. I am so grateful that I had this humbling experience so I can recognize the hand of the Lord in my life. I know that as I do my best, He will make up the rest! We had another lesson with Patricia last night and it went really well. I could understand her better and help answer her questions. She is not sure if God exists but she is coming along. Please keep her in your prayers as she finds out for herself the truthfulness of our message. 

Being a host missionary was a blast!!!! We did such a great job that they asked us to be hosts again next week and I am PUMPED (I’ll be looking for you Savannah!)

I LOVED general conference and I LOVED watching general conference with all the missionaries en el CCM. I really loved Russell M. Nelson's talk when he talked about how as he studied the life of Christ, he was a changed man!! I have taken some time to study the life of Christ and my thoughts towards Him have changed already. I am so grateful for Him! 

Spanish is coming along. My teacher told me I have a lot of confidence because I make so many mistakes when I talk but that doesn't hold me back so that's cool

BYU VOCAL POINT CAME TO DEVOTIONAL ON SUNDAY NIGHT!!! They are very, very talented. In between songs, they tried to sum up their mission in one word. It was amazing. On Tuesday, Elder Martino (the brother of the MTC president) came to speak to us and he did a great job! He used the scriptures to explain how we can help our investigators. So good! 

Sorry I don't share any funny stories!! Lots of hilarious things happen but I think it is only because we are all so exhausted. 

Love you all!!! Thank you for the prayers!!

xoxo,

Hermana Kelly Mannewitz 
(Sometimes I have to remind myself that I am Kelly - not just Hermana Mannewitz. Kelly is who I am and Kelly is who got me on this great mission! What an honor I have to represent my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, but I must also remember that I am still good ole, goofy, positive, always down for BWW, Kelly!)

#bless4 - you'll have to watch Meet the Mormons 2 to understand how funny this is

These are some sisters that lived on my floor and they are headed for Nebraska! Take good care of them

Hermana Lesueur and I after TRC - v sad

We love flamin hot cheetos!!!!
An elder in our zone brought us all small bags of cheetos and it was the best day ever!

We have this shrine in our room with pictures of our family and stuff.
Whenever we get discouraged, we just look at our shrine

When you get three packages in one day

My worry stone has pretty much become my 11th finger. I always have it with me

This is Hermana Arvizu. She is HILARIOUS!
Also she is Polynesian so she is gonna hook me up with some awesome Polynesian I can marry

BANANA BREAD - thank you Aunt Kali!!!! It was soooooooo good that I didn't even share.
Still working on that Christ-like attribute

We have a countdown to when we get to put our pajamas back on –
the countdown starts as soon we put our dresses on each morning lol




No comments:

Post a Comment