Saturday, April 29, 2017

MT C u l8r

Hola friends and family!!!! I cannot believe that I will be leaving for South America in 48 hours!! I feel so unprepared yet so ready at the same time! Thank you so much for the constant love, support, encouragement and prayers! They keep me going! 

Mi semana:

-the CC-Emmy's were a HIT! Each Hermana won three awards and then there were companionship awards. I'll explain my three awards:
1. Human water fountain - if you got my last email, you will remember the embarrassing moment where I spat water all over the classroom
2. Thinks cereal is a food staple - there is one elder here in the MTC that eats approximately 3 bowls of cereal for every meal. He is my idol
3. loves Polynesians from a distance - we all know that I love Polynesians but I am entirely too white to approach their table 

Some other awards included: loves food they're allergic too, most likely to get married within two months of getting home, can communicate with hands only, most likely to be triggered. Y'all probably think I am really weird but these are things that my district has really bonded over so we really loved celebrating together!!! 

- On Monday we had our last service. Service each week includes cleaning the residence halls. So for the past 6 weeks, we have enjoyed cleaning toilets, showers and heavy duty vacuuming. As I was cleaning toilets, I realized that I don't think I have been any happier - and I was cleaning toilets!! I love serving others, having diligent scripture study and prayer and submitting my will to the Lord (something I am still working on every day). I haven't even made it to the mission field and I already never want to leave. I know that I am blessed with this joy because I am doing the work of the Lord and am doing my best!

- We had out last class with one of our teachers - Hermana Sedgwick this week and it was really sad! We have really come to love and appreciate all the things she does for us to be the best missionaries we can be! I'll miss her so much! (quick story about Hermana Sedgwick - she wore this one tribal looking shirt the first day we entered the MTC. then a couple weeks later she wore the same shirt and I accidentally told her "that shirt gives me PTSD of my first day at the MTC" luckily she forgave me) Anyway, love her so much and we are so excited to get an email update of her novio :)

- On Wednesday we got a new district!! It is so much fun to get a new district because they always bring a new enthusiasm for the work that I love! 

- We had infield orientation on Thursday. This reminded me that I AM ACTUALLY GOING TO SOUTH AMERICA AHHHHHHHH!!!! But orientation was so good! It was definitely a long day of sitting and listening but it was super helpful! We learned how to set goals, work with members and be a successful missionary! 

- This morning we got to go to the temple with our other teacher Hermana Richards and her husband!!! It was such a great experience! Since we were in a hurry to get to the temple, we were just going to grab a sack breakfast but as we walked past the cafeteria, we saw that they were having french toast sticks for breakfast!!!!!! So Hermana LeSueur and I literally ran back to residence to change into our dresses (you can't eat in the cafeteria unless you are in missionary attire - we were in jeans and a t-shirt) and we made it just in time to sneak some french toast sticks in Hermana LeSueur’s purse and run to the temple!!! fue un milagro (it was a miracle)

- Spiritual high of the week: I was reading in Ether from the Book of Mormon. I love the Brother of Jared and find a lot of applications from the scriptures when I read his story! Anyway, the Brother of Jared needed to find a way to get light in their barge as they traveled across the ocean. After counseling with the Lord, the Brother of Jared asks the Lord to touch these rocks so they can be a light across the ocean. Then the Lord lights the rocks with His finger - so powerful. I found this so applicable in my life right now. I am about to embark on a crazy adventure in Argentina and I currently feel like a rock. I can't speak Spanish, I don't know all the answers to so many questions, and I don't know how I am supposed to take bucket showers for the next 17 months. But I do know that the Lord can make me a light, if I let Him. I have studied a lot about how to be the best missionary and the best answer I can find is to submit my will to the Lord. I know that as I submit my will to the Lord, He can transform me from a rock to a light!!!! I love this gospel so much! 

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! NEXT TIME YOU HERE FROM ME I WILL BE IN ARGENTINA BABBAYYYYYYYYYY


-Hermana Mannewitz 



more awkward bless4 pictures

Shout out to the Neel Family for sending 3 care packages this week!!  so grateful!

CCEmmy Awards

goodbyes to our teacher - Hermana Sedgwick!  I am so thankful for her!

last gym time!!!



love my Hermanas

very low quality picture but we have loved Monday morning service!

nightgown crew <3


No comments:

Post a Comment