Saturday, April 22, 2017

Spat

Another great week in the MTC!!! Time here is just an illusion! I can't believe I will be leaving in just one week! Read below for some embarrassing and spiritual high moments: 

Mi semana:

- Highlight of the week was on Easter Sunday when Dallin H. Oaks came to the MTC! We were singing prelude music before he walked in and it was so powerful. We were singing "I Believe in Christ", then in walks an apostle of the Lord, so we all stood up. The spirit testified so strongly that Christ lives and that through Him and only Him, can we have joy in this life and eternal life in the life to come. Brought me to tears. It was an Easter Sunday I will never forget 

- It happened. I spat water all over the classroom. It was sooooo embarrassing. I'll try to set up the scene: We are all just casually sitting in class, just about ready to start. I take a big gulp of water, because I was thirsty. Suddenly, Hermana Ward has a genius idea on how we can get out of our skype TRC (talk without noise coming out of our mouth - it will make it look like we had bad connection of something). Then here I am, trying to swallow my water but I physically couldn't. I was laughing entirely too hard. It wasn't even that funny but I could not control myself. So I spat the water on the carpet. I WAS SO EMBARASSED. Soon after this sequence of events, we started class by kneeling for opening prayer and we literally kneeled around my mess. Not my proudest missionary moment but definitely one I won't forget. 

- TRC update - we had our last lesson with Patricia last night and it went so well. We taught the plan of Salvation and she really loved it. Sadly, this week we will not have any time for more TRC lessons so we said our goodbyes to her. On the bright side, we got to do a skype TRC on Monday afternoon! Hermana Tolson and I got to talk to a lady from Chile! Speaking with her gave me confidence in my Spanish skills but I lost a lot of confidence in my missionary skills. I have so much to learn and I am so excited!!!

- FLIGHT PLANS BABYYYY!!!! I am officially headed to South America. Now that we have flight plans, it makes it all a little more real. There are a total of 4 of us headed to Salta which is such a blessing in my life. I'm so excited we get to travel with each other!!! We leave the MTC on Monday morning at 8:50 to head to the Salt Lake City airport. We fly out of Salt Lake at 2 and then have a two hour layover in Georgia. Then we fly through the night to Buenos Aires. Then we have an approximately 15 hour bus ride to Salta :) I’m so so so excited. 

- I have officially been gone for a month!! It has seriously flown by - at least for me!! Only a quick 17 more months to go! To celebrate our one month, our district is holding the first annual CC-Emmy's emmy's emmy's emmy's (imagine the echoing of the microphone). Anyways, stay tuned!!! It’s gonna be so funny!!! 

- Spiritual high of the week was with Hermana Richards when we were discussing the difficulties and blessings of learning a new language. Spanish is coming along better and better but I'm worried once I get to Argentina I won't be able to understand anything. Esta bien. Anyway, we were reading in Ether about the Tower of Babel. All the languages were scattered because they sinned. Since no one spoke the same language, it was very difficult to communicate the feelings of your heart. I am in that position right now. I can't speak English or Spanish so I have a hard time expressing myself. However, as we learn a new language we are overcoming sin!! And of course we need the Atonement to overcome sin. I never thought of it that way but it is so true. I need the Atonement everyday as I am learning a new language. I love this gospel and the perspective it gives me in every aspect of my life. 

- If you thought I was a good sleeper before, you would be amazed now. The other night I fell asleep with the lights on and everyone being super loud. I literally fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. They are working us real hard here in the MTC! 

- Scripture of the week: Proverbs 8:30
"Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him"
  I love this scripture because it reminds me that we are all children of a Heavenly King and he loves us SO much!!! I can't wait to live in the presence of God again. So grateful for the knowledge I have and for the opportunity I have to share it with the people of Argentina! 


Only one more week in the United States!!!! If you have any free time, feel free to write me a letter!!! I want my mailbox to look like Harry Potter's :) JK not kidding tho

LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! Thank you for all the love, support & prayers

xoxo

Hermana Mannewitz 


I don't even know how this happened

Gracias to Hermana LeSueur for dying my eye lashes <3

Happy Easter from a few of your favorite Hermanas

Patricia! Our TearsRC investigator! Love her!!

Darin & Kali tried to send me my favorite treat - potato salad - but they took it away :( it's the thought that counts!!!

Favorite quote of the week comes from Hermana Ward: (at 8am) "who's excited for beeeddd???"


THIS STUFF ACTUALLY WORKS!! Our shoes don't smell as terrible now!

Poor Hermana Arvizu got diagnosed with tendonitis this week. It’s been rough.

Our zone walking around the temple on Sunday afternoon!!
Reminiscing on good times with my childhood best friend. Much love to Hermana Kentner



No comments:

Post a Comment