Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Ciao Presidente

Hola from Argentina!  And Happy Fourth of July to all my favorite Americans!  I hope you all stay safe while you’re blowing things up!

CHISTOSO: 
·       My soccer skills are chistoso.  Actually, they are straight garbage.  We got invited to play soccer with our zone and Presidente Chaparro last Monday and let’s just say that I lost all trust with my zone.  Well, they lost all trust in me.  The ball rolled right in between my legs AND I MISSED IT!  And that was the end of my soccer career.  I’ll definitely need some training from my BFF Ashtyn when I get back.
·       TACOS!  We ate tacos!  And they were so yummy.  Much different than the United States (like everything) but there was guacamole so it was delicious.
·       One of our investigators is in jail right now so that’s cool.
·       Creepy old man told Hermana Norman and I that we look more beautiful every time we walk by.  I guess he didn’t see our sister missionary shoes.
·       Turns out we haven’t paid our bills since January.  They almost cut our lights but we paid just in time.  19 and 20 year old girls and boys sure don’t know who the real world works.  Pray for us!

MILAGROS:
·       Nelida!  Remember the old lady who thinks I’m a cat?  Yeah – her!  Well, she has been terribly sick.  She literally lives in pain but she has so many desires to learn more about the gospel.  However, she has had an open wound for several months she can’t enter the water.  But last time we visited her, the elders gave her a priesthood blessing of comfort, strength, and healing.  HER WOUND CLOSED!!  Literally a milagro from God!  She is still in the hospital as of now but things are looking great.  I have such a strong testimony in the power of priesthood blessings.  Whether it be a blessing of healing or a blessing of comfort, I know it comes from the Lord.  So grateful for the priesthood in my life. 
·       The other day we were working hard, looking for a family that is waiting for the gospel.  We were in the middle of nowhere, practically lost, so we were knocking doors and pretending to look for Familia Lopez (we don’t actually know a Lopez family that lives there but it’s Argentina so there’s always a Familia Lopez nearby).  Anyway, WE FOUND FAMILIA LOPEZ!  And what’s even more crazy is that she is the sister-in-law of one of our investigators.  There are no coincidences in the work of the Lord.  Only miracles. 
·       We had our last zone conference with Presidente & Hermana Chaparro this week!  Can’t believe that they have finished their mission already.  They are such a great example to me – always ready to serve the Lord.  The last challenge that Presidente Chaparro left us was to read The Book of Mormon in our native language (English – YAY!) before General Conference.  Challenge accepted!  And now we have a new mission president and we have no idea who he is or what to expect.  But I know he has been called by a prophet of the Lord so I’m not worried.
·       This week we had splits again with the Hermana capas.  But this time I stayed here in Limache and Hermana Norman left to their area.  That means that I had to lead us through our area.  I’m the only one who knew our investigators and I had to lead the lessons.  I was so nervous I hardly slept the night before and rubbed my worry stone like crazy!  But it was actually a great day!  I know my area better than I thought I did and I know more Spanish than I thought.  And I’m humble too!  Hahaha  But I know that I had Heavenly Father on my side.  I was praying so hard all week that everything would go well and it did.  Heavenly Father is sow aware of His children.

Favorite scripture of the week has a friend today.  I was reading Moroni 10:32 which reads:
“Yea, come unto Christ and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.”
The invitation in this scripture is to come unto Christ.  But I was thinking a lot about the part that says, “and be perfected in Him”.  I am far from perfect, but I desire to come unto Christ so I was searching for an answer on how I can be perfected in Christ.
Ether 12:27 says, “And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.  I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.”
I believe the key to be perfected in Christ is humility – recognizing our weaknesses and relying on the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  We have the confidence that His Atonement gives every one of us – no matter our weaknesses – the ability to change.  We have the hope that our future can be better.  The purpose of this gospel is fulfilled only if we are willing to act – if we are willing to change.  I know that it is not easy to admit our weaknesses, but with the help of our Savior, Jesus Christ, we can change our weaknesses into strengths and be perfected in Him.

Have a great week!  Be safe!  Love you all!

♥ Hermana Mannewitz


Zone Conference
Ciao Presidente y Hermana Chaparro
Hermana Tolson
Oh Nelida
Hermana Sabate
Divisiones con Hermana Johnson
Bring it on July
Elder y Hermana Ward
The norm
Familia Vieria and my marshmallow coat

No comments:

Post a Comment