Tuesday, July 11, 2017

God Bless America! And Argentina Too!

Aloha!  Did you think I was in Hawaii for a split second?  Well, I’m not, I’m in ARGENTINA BABY!  Jajaja I hope you all had a super fun and super safe 4th of July.  Hermana Norman and I sang as many American songs in the street that we could remember – so look out for us at the next Super Bowl.  We have our national anthem perfected.  But yesterday was Independence Day for Argentina, so we are celebrating freedom all around the world. 

And now, the moment you all have been waiting for… (drum roll by my super awesome brothers)… CHISTOSOS:
·       I think I am finally a real missionary now because I was sleep praying.  Not sleep walking or sleep talking, but sleep praying.  I woke up at 2:03 am on my knees but Hermana Norman said Amen so I guess we are super united.
·       Mateo, our recent convert, got his tablet taken away because he was spending too much time on his tablet and too little time with his family.  His excuse, “But I can hang out with my family when my tablet’s charging.”
·       Hermana Norman AKA Expert Knee Judge was honest with me and evaluated my knees on a scale of 1-10 (10 being super ugly)…my knees are a solid 4!  Wahoo!  She says her knees are a 12 but I don’t know because she won’t let me see her knees. 
·       It was super nice the other day so I finally got to wear a short sleeve shirt.  Well, my poor arms are originally white and they haven’t seen the sun for quite some time, so now they are super white.  We were at lunch with a family from our ward and the 7 year-old girl touched my arm, (to make sure it was real) and with big eyes said, “Rey blanca!”  Very white!

Comedian Kelly out **drops mic**

MILAGROS:
·       One family was preparing a big warm drink for us and they couldn’t find the malta so we got chocolate milk!
·       A newlywed couple recently moved into our ward and wow!  God knew I needed Hermana in my life. Hermana Schraifer is a recent convert – has only been a member a little over a year – but has such a strong testimony of the doctrines of the gospel.  Last Sunday, during fast and testimony meeting, she bore her testimony on the importance of missionary work.  It was truly an answer to my prayers.  Later in the week, we passed by her house to thank her for her testimony and she explained that the Holy Ghost had given her a prompting to bear her testimony specifically on missionary work.  What courage!  A recent convert who is so aware of the promptings of the Spirit but also courageous to follow the prompting. 
·       Hermana Norman and I went to the hospital last night to visit Nelida.  After visiting Nelida, we had a little bit of extra time so we decided to sing hymns for other patients in the hospital.  Singing hymns is one of the quickest ways to feel the Spirit so it was so cool to watch the patients lighten up.  Even though some patients were unconscious, I know that the Spirit was in the room and touched their heart.
·       We have a super awesome progressing investigator named Maria Emilia.  She is 14 years old and loves participating in Young Women’s.  The other day we had a lesson with her so in my language study I was practicing the lesson so I could speak Spanish well enough for her to understand.  I had my half of the lesson prepared pretty confidently but when we were in the lesson, Hermana Norman took my half of the lesson – the half I had practiced so hard.  I was a little worried because I really wanted Maria Emilia to understand but I didn’t feel as confident.  However, I know that the Lord blesses us for our efforts.  Although I hadn’t practiced this part of the lesson, I was blessed with the gift of tongues and was able to teach the lesson according to the promptings of the Spirit.  I am so thankful for the gift of tongues because I know I can’t do this work on my own. 

Scripture of the week:
I was reading in Mosiah this week about how we can overcome our own personal trials.
Mosiah 24:14-15
“And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.
“And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord.”

WOW!  How powerful!  However, many of us may assume this scripture is suggesting that a burden suddenly and permanently will be taken away.  However, in verse 15 we see how the burden was eased… “The Lord did strengthen them.” 

The challenges and difficulties were not immediately removed from the people.  But Alma and his followers were strengthened and their increased capabilities made the burdens lighter.  These good people were empowered by the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
I can testify of the truthfulness of this doctrine.  I know that through the Atonement we are able to do good and become better in ways that stretch beyond our mortal abilities.  I have found so much strength in the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  I know the Atonement brings a remission of our sins, but also brings hope, love and strength.

Special shout out to my dad – HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAPA!  Eat some apple pie for me J

Love you all!  Have a great week!

♥ Hermana Mannewitz

Happy 4th of July



Our only thing close to a firework

Hooray?
Patriotic slide in Argentina
Argentina's Independence Day
Argentine art haha

Beautiful sunset

Juanita - the only person who participated in "give your friend chocolate" week
District breakfast

Breakfast selfie


No comments:

Post a Comment