Monday, August 14, 2017

Fe Aful

Hola!  Como estan?  Life is going great here in South America.  Stay tuned for the latest Chistosos y Milagros in Limache!

CHISTOSOS
·       At the end of one of our lessons with one of our new investigadores, she asked if we were Jehovah’s witnesses.
·       One stressful day I was crying and sitting on a bench in the park.  This week we found a new family to teach and the man said, “Oh, you’re the girl who was crying in the park.”  lol  Yup, that was me.
·       At lunch one day I was talked to Benjamin – a cute little boy who has 4 years.  I asked him if he had lots of amigos in school and he said, “Yes, and amigas too!”  (amigos = boy friends, amigas = girl friends)
·       I think we found a drunk dog.  If it wasn’t drunk it has some problems.  The dog was walking all weird and barked very strangely.  Then it peed which was hilarious.  Hna Adams and I were staring and laughing for a solid 2 minutes.
·       We clapped at a door and a little girl answer the door.  So we asked if her mom was home.  She told us that she was in the bathroom.  So we said we would wait.  She ran to tell her mom and then came back and said it was going to take an hour.  Guess her mom’s stomach has difficulties with the food like mine does.  Haha
·       One lady described another lady like this – “She’s huge and ugly and her face is like this (ugly face).  But the only thing more ugly than her face is her personality.”  WOW  I wonder what she says about me behind my back.

MILAGROS
·       Clara got married!  Finally!  Her wedding was Saturday night and sadly we couldn’t go but we heard it was beautiful.  Now we are focusing on her baptism.  Keep her in your prayers that everything will go well!
·       We had splits with the Hermana Capas this week and I stayed here in Limache with Hermana Oliveira.  This was the first night that I was with a Latina which is crazy considering I’ve been in South America the past couple of months.  But Hermana Oliveira is too cool.  She is so happy and has a true love for missionary work.  She got baptized only 2 years ago and now is helping others receive the blessings of baptism.  Such a good example to me!
·       This week we had a tormenta blanca (white storm) here in Limache which means all the missionaries come to our area and we worked really hard to find new people.  We also had some members from our ward helping us which was so helpful.  We worked really hard and in 2 hours found 6 new investigators.  Afterwards we went to the house of Obispo and ate pizza and lemon pie.  I am so thankful for our bishop and his family.  They are always so ready to help us in the work of the Lord in whatever way they can.  And they are so patient with me because I am still learning Spanish.  So much to be grateful for!
·       Our other super awesome investigator – Guadalupe is doing great but we need a lot of prayers!  She has so many desires to be baptized.  She wants to go to the temple, and she is reading the Book of Mormon and praying every day.  But she is in college and gonna start classes this weekend and only studies on Saturday and Sunday so she won’t be able to attend church.  Keep her in your prayers, and us to so we can know how we can best help this daughter of God. 
·       My favorite cookies were on sale for only 7 pesos!  Oferta!

We are finishing up our family Book of Mormon challenge for the summer and so I was reading about faith in Ether 12.  As we develop greater faith and trust in the Lord, we can access His power to bless and deliver us.  But sometimes we must act blindly.  But we read in Ether 12:6

“And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.”

First, we must act and show God that we trust in Him.  We can trust that He will help us.  Not necessarily in the way we want but in the way that will best help us grow.  I know that submitting our will to His may be difficult, but it is essential to becoming like Him and finding the peace He offers.  Find hope in prayer.  Find hope in reading the scriptures.  Find hope in temple covenants.  I know that we are children of our Heavenly Father.  That he knows us perfectly and loves us perfectly.  I’m so grateful for the hope I find in the gospel of Jesus Christ and specifically in His Atonement.

HOY ES EL DIA!

Thanks for all the prayers, love, and support!


♥ Hermana Mannewitz

Hermana Oliveira

Correa chicas

MOM LOOK!  PEPSI!

the fanciest restaurant I've seen

No comments:

Post a Comment