Friday, August 4, 2017

Maria Emilia

Hola! What a crazy week we had. We worked so hard, laughed, cried, and witnessed so many miracles. Missions are seriously the best and I wouldn’t change this experience for anything!

The highlight of my week was the baptism of Maria Emilia! We witnessed so many miracles as we prepared for her big day:

·       Her whole family came! Her family is less active so we have been working with the whole family. We were worried they wouldn’t come to support but they did! Now we are working with the whole fam to help them return to church.
·       La tunica! Our ward has one baptismal dress but it was nowhere to be found. As of Friday night, we did not have anything for Maria Emilia. But late Friday night we got a call from our ward mission leader saying that we finally had clothes- and they fit Maria Emilia perfectly
·       It is always risky to pray for warm water since we are in Argentina but the water was warm!
·       The member support was great! Several families were able to attend and support Maria Emilia! And they all brought food J
·       Maria Emilia was so nervous about everything but when she saw how happy everyone was for her, she knew everything was going to be okay! It was truly a great baptismal service and the spirit was so strong! And to watch one of our investigators who I have really come to love enter the waters of baptism makes all the rejection worth it. I know that baptism opens the door of salvation and I am so grateful for the opportunity to help so many people here in Argentina.
But we still have a good time…

CHISTOSO
·       “So is Rosanna your friend?” “no… neighbor, and neighbor only” oh jajaja
·       A dog almost attacked us so now I have a pretty big bruise on my arm - battle scars of the mission
·       This is more embarrassing than funny but I had sweat stains on one of my shirts this week. Now I know that I have to be careful with that shirt.
·       One elder in our district is from Brazil and is so sassy but there is no translation of the word so I taught him the word sassy. Basically an English teacher and missionary duo.
·       One member of our ward speaks English really well and pretty much without an accent. The other day at lunch he taught us that chamar means to make out. Haha thanks Elias!

MAS MILAGROS
·       We didn’t get that lost this week!
·       My Spanish has really sky-rocketed this week since I am the only person who knows our area, the members, our investigators and their needs. I have had the opportunity to talk more and more. Bueno, I am not fluent yet but I am learning a lot faster. One member told me: “give it a month and you’ll be fluent!” Still have a lot to work on but it is getting better and better.
·       WOW! Let me tell you, the power of prayer is so real. One day this week I was feeling overwhelmed with all the responsibilities I have as a missionary. The only thing I could do was pray, but I’m so grateful that resource is available to us at any time, any day. I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. I know that he is always ready to help us and bless with the things that we need to press forward.
·       The Familia Caceres is always a miracle but this week they specifically saved lemon pie and apple pie for us because they knew we were going to want food. They know us too well.
·       Hermana Adams, another companion from the United States is a miracle. I have learned so much from her already.

This week I was thinking and reading a lot about joy. In the Book of Mormon we read…

2 Nephi 2:25
Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy.

Our purpose in this life is to have joy. I know that we can find joy in lots of things - Rollercoasters, buffalo wild wings, movies, etc. But the real joy I feel comes from my knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ – the fact that I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father, that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ I can return to the presence of our Heavenly Father and that I can be with my family for eternity. However, even with this knowledge, life is still hard but I love the counsel of Dieter F. Uchtdorf that we must never forget to be happy now. He says “The happiest people I know are those who, while in the pursuit of worthy goals, discover and treasure the beauty and sweetness of the everyday moments.” He continues to explain that as we are grateful for the tender mercies we receive everyday of our lives, we will have true joy. I know that Heavenly Father desires our happiness – that’s why we are here on earth!!

Be Happy!
Hoy es el dia

♥Hermana Mannewitz 

Maria Emilia

Obispo with Maria Emilia

with Obispo

Familia Puca

Ward Fam

Mateo and his cool CTR rings

No comments:

Post a Comment