Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Clara

Hola!  Como estan?  Everyone back into the school groove?  I can’t believe my bro, Max, has officially started his senior year.  Feels like yesterday I was graduating and now I’m in Argentina speaking Spanish (kind of).

Clara got baptized!  And the baptismal service was so beautiful.  There was great member and family support and Clara looked so happy in white!  Now we just got to help her put that white on again in the temple of the Lord to be sealed to her family for all eternity.  Martin – her 7 month old son – is so cute and had a little bow tie at her baptism.  Her husband had a smile on his face the whole time.  The joy I could see in this family gave me even more energy to get out and do the work of the Lord.  The best thing I can do for the people in Argentina is help them know how to be an eternal family.

CHISTOSOS
·       In Argentina, to greet people, we kiss on the cheek.  But since we are missionaries, we can only give handshakes to the men.  Well we had a lesson with an old couple and we told the man we could only give a handshake so he got real mad and excused himself from our lesson.  Haha  Sorry dude.
·       Our ward mission leader tries to be American and it is so funny.  He is going to the USA in October so I gave him a list of restaurants that he needs to go to.  So keep an eye out for a super cool Artentine man in USA.
·       We knocked on a door and there was a big family but they said, “Sorry, we can’t right now, we are playing ping pong.”  So I said, “Bueno.  If I win then y’all have to listen to our message.”  Challenge accepted.  I lost but they still listened to us!

MILAGROS
·       We had another Tormenta Blanca this week in a different area in our district.  I was paired up to work with a return missionary – Saira.  I was super nervous because Bueno, she’s Latina.  But it went really well.  Saira is a convert of 8 years but wouldn’t know it because she is so awesome.  She was super patient with me and we found a lot of awesome people!  She served her mission in Bolivia which is supposedly the most dangerous mission in the world.  Like there are no gringos there because it is too dangerous. 
·       Yesterday in church I got called on to bear my testimony and I was really nervous because Spanish is hard.  But I just followed the Spirit and it went really well.  But when I was up there looking out at the audience, my eyes were drawn to Lucia – super awesome 11 year old girl.  She had the biggest smile on her face.  She is so patient with me and always gives me a big hug.  She reminds me a lot of my sister, Emma.  So it’s great to talk to her and feel of her love.

This week in my studies, I came across the scripture located in 3 Nephi 13:31-33

“Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What should we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 
But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.”

I’ve read the Book of Mormon many times but this scripture never really caught my attention but I love it.  Heavenly Father knows we have temporal needs and He is willing and ready to help us.  But only if we put Him in the first place.  I know that to be true.  I have seen so many miracles in my own life and the life of the people here in Argentina.  I know that as we put God first in our lives, He will provide for the rest.

Happy Birthday to Alex this week!

HOY ES EL DIA     

♥ Hermana Mannewitz

Clara's baptism

Clara's baptism

Clara's family


Clara's baptism

Clara's baptism

Clara

Clara's baptism

San Lorenzo
bbq with Obispo

ciao Elder Guarteche

District photo


Los Atalayas

Familia Tejerina


District pose

Hermana Adam's MAC and CHEESE

MAC and CHEESE
District prep
District yee-haw



No comments:

Post a Comment