Tuesday, August 8, 2017

The Dogs are Mormon

Hola!  Happy August!  All my homies in the United States are getting ready to start school while all my Argentine homies are finishing up school.  How crazy!

CHISTOSO

·       When you learn a new language, you make a lot of mistakes.  The other day I was explaining a picture to one of our investigators.  I was trying to explain that we are like a little lamb in the arms of the Savior, but I accidentally said “little fatty”.  Little fatty in the arms of the Savior!
·       After clapping at a door, we heard someone say Hola, but we didn’t see anyone.  I assumed they were talking form a window so I responded.  They responded.  I explained that we were missionaries and then suddenly I realized I was talking to a parrot!  A BIRD!  I was talking to a bird.
·       In the middle of a lesson, the mother of one of our investigators came out of the bathroom and said, “Sorry, I was hiding.”
·       My tortilla homie gave me a tortilla for free!!!  She said I’m too skinny so she trying to fatten me up.  Lol  Tell that to the scale.

MILAGROS

·       We had zone conference this week which is my favorite.  I always feel so pumped for missionary work and baptisms and teaching and life as a missionary.  This conference we talked a lot about how we can help our investigators get to church which is something we really need help with.  Since no one has cars.  And church is pretty early.  Church is pretty hard for people in Argentina.  But with all the new things we have learned, I have a lot of faith that we will see success.
·       Hermana Adams made peanut butter that was so yummy.  Yeah it was because we already ate all of it.  Haha
·       Clara, one of our super awesome investigators has her wedding this Saturday, so keep her in your prayers!  We are so excited!
·       Guadalupe, another awesome investigator is progressing so well.  She came to church yesterday in a skirt.  She has so many desires to be baptized and help her children have the gospel and to learn and grow.  But keep her in your prayers because she has some personal difficulties that keep her from baptism.  But I know that baptism will really bless her life.  I really love Guadalupe and desire the best for her!
·       In fast and testimony meeting yesterday, Lucia, that only has 11 years, bore her testimony on the power of prayer.  She reminded us that we can always pray, especially in times of trial, to receive strength from our Heavenly Father.

This week I was reading in 3 Nephi when our resurrected Savior, Jesus Christ, visited the Americas.  I love to read the way Jesus Christ expressed His love to the Nephites and the love that the Nephites had for Jesus.  I especially love verse 21:

3 Nephi 17:21
And when he had said these words, he wept, and the multitude bare record of it, and he took their little children, one by one, and blessed them, and prayed unto the Father for them.

I know I already mentioned my love for this verse, but as I read it again this week, it was exactly what I needed to hear.  I know that Heavenly Father loves each and every one of His children perfectly and infinitely.  I know that He wants us to be happy and feel His love.  I know that we can feel His love more in our lives when we keep the commandments and do the simple things everyday (pray, read the scriptures, etc.)  I am so thankful for the opportunity to serve a mission and spread this love.

Have a great week!
Hoy es el dia!!

♥Hermana Mannewitz

Zone Conference
Our District
After an intense competition of who knows preach my gospel we won kit kats!!
yeeehaw
I'm about to DIVE in

Los Atalayas
Salta

our district...again

No comments:

Post a Comment