Monday, September 11, 2017

Milagros

Hola Amigos!  This week in Limache was so good!  I am so happy to be a missionary!  This letter is going to be short and sweet.

CHISTOSOS
I don’t know why, but here in Argentina it is super normal and not offensive to call someone fat.  The other day, in almuerzo, the lady answered her phone by saying, “Hola gordo” (that means “Hi fatty” in English).  So Hna Adams and I decided that we are gonna speak like that as well.
This week we had splits and so I got to work with Hna Oliviera on the day she completed 1 year in the mission.  But we were doing our studies in the park and she fell asleep haha.  Her head was doing that bobbing that happens when someone is really tired.  I guess that happens after one year in the mission.
There is an alarm system in the church to keep it safe and the other day after locking up the church, the alarms went off.  But we were really scared so we just ran away but then the police came so yeah, that was fun.
Hermana Lisboa, from Brazil, is trying to learn English, but Brazilians have such a strong accent that they just sound ridiculous.  But she asked me to teach her to say “shut-up” so I tried to stop laughing and help her (because I know I sound just as ridiculous in Spanish).
Creepy old man on the bus tapped my shoulder and said, “You’re so pretty!”  THANK YOU!  GOODBYE!

MILAGROS
I found a new favorite snack for 5 pesos!  That’s like 40 cents.  What a deal!
This week we taught our recent convert how to pray in English and it’s the most beautiful thing.  I’m literally so happy!
My Spanish skills did something really cool this week!  We were teaching the Plan of Salvation to one of our investigators and I was teaching and just having a great time when suddenly I realized that I was actually TEACHING!  For the past 5 months I have been teaching, but mostly just saying the same thing over and over because I don’t know a lot of Spanish.  But in this lesson I was actually teaching and bearing my testimony from my heart.  It was so cool when we walked away.  I was so happy so I offered a prayer of gratitude to my Heavenly Father for all the blessings He gives me every day.
I gave a talk in Spanish.  That’s a miracle.
The Lord is preparing souls in Limache.  We found a miracle investigator last week and seriously, the gospel is changing her life.  She came to church in a skirt and was so so happy!  And the members were so good at making her feel welcome!  Keep Neli in your prayers!

1 Nephi 21:15-16
“For can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb?  Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee, O house of Israel.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.”
Drops mic
Thank you for all the prayers and support!  I’m so grateful for my support team from the USA!  Love you all and have a great week!

HOY ES EL DIA
♥ Hermana Mannewitz

Capilla Abierta in Palermo

Hermana Oliviera completed one year in the mission!

Hermana Adams said her throat hurt
so i helped her out

Uno with the district!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment