Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Save the Fork

Well, happy transfers!  There is still a lot of work to be done here in Limache so I am staying here!  I’m super excited to strengthen the ward and help others come unto Christ.

CHISTOSOS
·       The bus driver was jamming so hard all alone in the bus when we walked by . . . so funny!
·       We ate noodles for lunch almost every day this week so now I am sick of noodles.  And when we were in lunch the other day, the mother and son left the kitchen so it was just Hna Adams and I and she took of handful of noodles and threw it on the little boy’s plate of food.  When the mom returned, she said “Wow, he didn’t eat anything.”  It took everything in me to not burst out in laughter. 
·       I’m very gringa and it is really obvious that Spanish is not my native language and the other day we were looking for a referencia named Norman and this random man opened the door and he asked “Estan buscando un novio?”  Which means, “Y’all are looking for a boyfriend?”  No!  We are looking for Norman!
·       Hermana Caceres, AKA BFF, told me her favorite quote is “Stomach full, heart happy!”  I don’t think I’ve heard anything more true in my life!

MILAGROS
·       Hermana Adams told me a story that is called “Save the fork”.  She reminded me that when we eat in fancy restaurants they always serve a main dish as well as a fancy dessert.  When the waitress comes to clear your plate from the main dish they say, “Save your fork” for the dessert.  We save the fork because we know something good is about to come.  So my new life motto right now is save the fork – hope for a better tomorrow.  (The story made more since when she explained it but you get the point.)
·       I got another free tortilla this week!  My favorite tortilla lady calls me her gringa.  Life is too good!
·       Sandra, one of our eternal investigators has really shown signs of progression this week!  Keep her in your prayers that she can continue with her plans to be baptized this month!
·       Missionary work here in Limache is a little tough.  The past two weeks we haven’t seen a lot of progress even though we are really working hard.  But I know that it is all in the timing of the Lord.  I only need to have more patience.  But keep Limache in your prayers!

I finished the Book of Mormon this week.  I love reading Moroni because it reminds me of all the things I need to do to improve and be worthy to return to the presence of our loving Heavenly Father.   I especially love the invitation in Moroni 10:32:

“Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.”

The invitation is very simple – come unto Christ.  And as we come unto Christ, we can feel His love more in our lives as well as be given the strength that we need to press forward.  I know this to be true.  I know that our loving Heavenly Father is always willing to receive us and bless us, but is only waiting for us to show our faith.  I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and only through Him we can become perfected.  I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God and we can come unto Christ by reading it every day.

Have a super great week!
HOY ES EL DIA!

♥ Hermana Mannewitz


Somos chanchos
Familia Puca
Walter Puca - he is always dabbing
Maria and Mateo Gavilan

Maria Gavilan
Familia Schraifer

La ultima tormenta blanca

Familia Caceres

Familia Vieira

Limache losers
Flower photo shoot

Wow!  this is why we have so many investigators
AMERICANA!

My tortilla lady.  She called me her gringa!!!
Guad


No comments:

Post a Comment