Sunday, September 3, 2017

HOLA!

August 28, 2107

Hola! Que tal en los estados unidos? I can’t believe that it is already September. Time is flying by. This past week I completed 5 months in the mission. 5 months already! I can’t believe it!

CHISTOSOS
·       We were in lunch with some grandparents and their grandchild and out of nowhere, the grandchild yells “Mabel, the fatty of bancamo (fat grandma of the neighborhood). It was so so funny.
·       In a family home evening, Bishop asked Walter to say the prayer and Walter dabs so hard. Really reminded me of my brothers.
·       I burned my arm hair. I was making arroz con leche, like a normal Argentine does every morning.  And bueno, cooking is a dangerous thing and my arm got too close to the fire and ya fue. Now I just have stubble hairs on my left arm and its super ugly, but oh well.

MILAGROS
·       I got my first mission package with a lot of love, letters, and peanut butter from my family. It was the best surprise! I am so thankful for fancy mailing service men who safely bring packages to Salta. Happy missionary!
·       We recently found a super awesome new investigator named Sylvia.  She is totally amazed that we are in Argentina – so far away from our families and friends and everything.  But she is too kind. She told us that she could be our Argentine mom and if we ever needed anything we could call her. There are lots of good people in the world.
·       We had another tormenta blanca this week and it went really well. I always leave with more excitement for missionary work. But at the end of this tormenta blanca we were singing “there is sunshine in my soul” with the other missionaries and members from the ward and I definitely felt sunshine in my soul. I was singing loud and proud and with a smile on my face because I am just so grateful and so happy to be a missionary.
·       Yesterday we had a special multi stake conference which was a broadcast from the United States. I was so excited to receive counsel from our leaders and even more excited when it started to play in English because, bueno, I understood everything haha!  But the more Argentines were patiently waiting and couldn’t understand a thing. So they asked the missionaries to come to the front and translate. There were about 5 of us so we all walked to the front very nervously. The miracle of this story is that when it was my turn to translate it finally got fixed and the language turned to Spanish. Thank goodness! But now I have a new motivation to study and always be prepared.

I have recently learned that the secret to a joyful, peaceful, grateful life is to recognize that doing things the Lord’s way will make me happier than doing things my way.  We read in Moses that our Heavenly Father loves us so much!
Moses 1:39 “For behold, this is my work and my glory – to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.”
Heavenly Father’s greatest desire for each and every one of His children is to help them return to His presence.  And He has given us everything we need to return.  Thanks to Jesus Christ and His Atoning sacrifice, we can be forgiven for our sins and shortcomings.  Trust in His plan for you.  I know that His plan is a perfect plan of love and happiness in this life and the life to come.

Be happy!
HOY ES EL DIA!

♥ Hermana Mannewitz




High skirt in the hard work
Shout out to my younger brothers

Tormenta blanca

District 8-28-17


All tuckered out

That's 5
Little love from home

Scripture Power Man made it to Argentina

Playing one

District tacos

District Uno



No comments:

Post a Comment