Monday, November 6, 2017

2 Gringas en Guemes

And it came to pass on the second day of the eleventh month in the year two thousand seventeen, Hermana Taylor and Hermana Mannewitz went forth in the strength of the Lord. And I, Hermana Mannewitz, testify that we did suffer from great heat (like more than one hundred degrees), nevertheless, laboring diligently according to will of the Lord STILL ATE SOUP FOR LUNCH. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND.

Yup. Another great week in the work of the Lord. And although I have no idea why we continue to eat soup in the blazing eat, I am super grateful for the almuerzos that we receive every day. Bueno, this week was full of adventures, surprises and spiritual greatness! 

·       I saw my buddy Andres from Limache! And he had a package of love, letters and food from my family! It was great to receive a package but it was also so good to see Andres. I sure do miss Limache and all my homies there but I know that the Lord has called me to serve here in Guemes now! 
·       Zone conference!!!! With big changes too! Presidente Orquera has lots of excitement for missionary work and is doing everything he can to see the miracles of the Lord here in the best mission in the world. With changes in the way we find new investigadores and how to most effectively stay active in the church and receive the blessings that God is preparing them, we have a lot to improve on! But change is good! Change is a humbling experience and helps me put more trust in my Heavenly Father and His will. 
·       Surprise interviews with Presidente was the best Halloween surprise here in Argentina. That’s right, Halloween is not a thing here in Argentina, but Presidente was all in on the jokes and scares this Halloween. So yeah, we had surprise interviews but they went really well! 
·       Me: "God loves each and every one of His children" 
Person I’m teaching: "minus the Chinese"
·       Our bishop plays ping pong....competitively 
·       When your companera takes Saracha Sauce out of her bag in the middle of lunch with some members. 
·       Spanish update: basically Latina. hahajaj jk but I absolutely love Spanish now. I can understand almost everything that the Argentines say (unless they are talking about medical things.  Then I suffer a little bit) and I can speak pretty well! Now I am going to focus on my accent so that I am a true Latina by the time I return home....besides the fact that I am BIEN RUBIA.
·       Obispo and his family are incredible examples to me! They live right next to us which is a huge blessing. If we ever need help, they are only one hand clapping away. But they are so strong in the gospel. Their two year old son was recently diagnosed with Autism which has been quite the challenge because there are not good medicos here in Guemes. But they continue to put their trust in the Lord. Hermana Isendorf told me that she has seen so many miracles from the Lord, but only if she has her eyes open to see them. Sometimes, we have to actively search for the innumerable ways that Heavenly Father blesses us every day. 
·       Ward choir continues to be the highlight of my week 
·       Pray for Aron! Aron has 14 years and has so many desires to be baptized but doesn’t have the support of his parents! Keep him in your prayers! And bueno, if you’re praying, pray for Josefina, Clara, Belen, Sebastian and Exiquel also! thank you so much! I know Heavenly Father hears the heartfelt prayers as long as we ask with faith!

This week I have been studying The Living Christ as suggested by our prophets and leaders of the church. I love reading about the attributes of Jesus Christ and learning how I can be more like him, especially in this time of my life as a disciple of Jesus Christ. I was studying how Jesus Christ is our Advocate unto the Father and found a scripture in D&C and absolutely fell in love 
D&C 45:3-5 
“Listen to him who is the advocate with the Father, who is pleading your cause before him –
“Saying: Father, behold the sufferings and death of him who did no sin, in whom thou wast well pleased; behold the blood of thy Son which was shed, the blood of him whom thou gavest that thyself might be glorified;
“Wherefore, Father, spare these my brethren that believe on my name, that they may come unto me and have everlasting life.”

He pleads our case!!!! He wants us to return back to His presence! He wants us to be happy!!!! Wow. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ and everything He did for me! I know that it is only through His atoning sacrifice and mercy that we can return to His presence but I know that He has given us everything we need to receive celestial glory! So be strong! Press forward! God is cheering you on! God lives. God loves. And God has the power to change your live. 

Love you all! Thanks for everything! Have a super great week! Oh and happy November!!!! 

HOY ES EL DIA! 


♥ Hermana Mannewitz 

Cute Argentina art


Hermana Taylor - she's the best!


Happy Halloween!  I was Hermana Taylor for Halloween
When they show a movie in the bus

IT ACTUALLY RAINED IN GUEMES

Uno and pancakes!  Shout out to my mom for the maple

Zone Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment