Monday, November 6, 2017

Nueva Esperanza

October 23, 3017

Hola from Guemes!!! Sorry I was not able to write last week. Things were a little crazy with transfers and everything! But I hope you are all doing well and enjoying pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin carving and bueno, everything pumpkin!!!!

Alrighty, so these past two weeks have been a little crazy. But here are some of the funny and memorable moments:

·       Sandra got baptized!!!! Sandra has been investigating the church for over a year and finally was able to be baptized. She has truly been waiting for this day for forever so I felt so blessed to be in Limache on her special day. Right before her baptism, she was explaining that the spirit was so strong and she was so happy to make a covenant with our loving Heavenly Father. The member support was great! Our mission leader was out of town so things were a little extra stressful but it all turned out well! Sandra was confirmed a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on Sunday and was truly beautiful. She cried, i cried, we all cried! 
·       Bueno, I left Limache and it was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. I really came to love the people in Limache.  And it was a complete surprise which made it a lot harder. Last Sunday night, we received a phone call from the assistants telling us that they are gonna white wash Limache. We were in Obispo´s house when we received the news and I started to cry right in front of their family haha oops. We took a couple pictures and then we ran to another family and had to say ¨see you later¨ again. I didn´t know that it was going to be so hard to leave my area but wow. I left part of my heart in Limache. But don´t worry! Hermana Mannewitz will be making a trip back!!!! 
·       I saw Hermana Norman!!!  But I forgot to take a picture Ñ) but it was so good to see her!  We got to spend the whole afternoon together and we talked and talked and talked. En verdad, I have made lifelong friendships in the mission YA
·       One of our investigadores here in Guemes was recently in a fight and lost his eye. HIS EYE!!!!!  Now he has a fake eye and in the middle of our lesson he took out his eye!!!!!!!!!!! That´s right. I saw an eyeless man. it was really creepy
·       (dramatic elder) Ï either have a sinus infection or I have cancer¨
·       One of the chicos here in Guemes was telling me of his lifelong dreams to go to the USA and so I asked him why he wanted to go. Like maybe for the white house, temple square, statue of liberty ' the natural touristic things. But no. He told me he only wanted to go to the USA to go to Chuck-E-Cheese. hahahahaha
·       Mariano, a recent convert here in Guemes, is tan capo!!! About a year and a half ago, he was in a terrible motorcycle accident and now doesn´t now have feeling in his arm and has lots of troubles with his leg. He lives in pain poor thing. But he is such an incredible example to me because he always has a positive attitude. And he rides his bike everywhere. Tbh, I have no idea how he does it but I respect him. I agreed that I would never complain about my bike again. Also, he is basically doing all the missionary work in the ward. He was telling us of all the activities he wants to have in the church to help the youth. que capo! 
·       One grandma was telling us about her conversion story and the elders who taught her. Then she told us that the elder got dear-johned and he went to her house and cried and cried and cried. haha the grandma told us that she just saying ¨please. Would you stop crying?  She’s fat anyways.¨

5 things I love about Guemes:
1. We have bikes!! Our area is really big so we have bikes to get around faster. They are so much fun!!! I always feel like singing (aka screaming) “Called to Serve” while we are riding in Centro and yeah. Lots of people stare. A blonde gringa smiling and singing on her bike! But life is too good! You gotta enjoy it! 
2. Grido is right around the corner from our apartment!!!! And I have already made friends with the people who work there! Sebastian and Facundo are true homies. 
3. The church is also in our area which is AMAZING! I didn´t realize how much of a struggle it was to walk all the way to the church in Limache so now that it’s so close, I am truly counting my blessings. 
4. The members are great! I don´t know why I thought I wouldn´t find good members in other areas but I was wrong! The members here have a lot of love for missionary work and are always willing to help us out! 
5. Hermana Taylor!!!!  That´s right! Another gringa! Pretty crazy! But Hermana Taylor is incredible. Her dad served here in Guemes several years ago. What a special experience that she gets to serve where her dad served!  But Hermana Taylor is so patient and always looking for ways to improve! She has lots of time here in Guemes and so she knows the area really well but is helping me learn the area quickly! She is so in tune with the spirit and is so good at identifying the needs of our investigadores!  This is gonna be a great transfer! 

Yup. I feel so blessed. The Lord is truly looking out for me!!! Although change is hard, I have found great comfort in the promises of the Lord. And I know that He ALWAYS completes His promises. One of the promises that I have read over and over again this week is found in Alma 26:5-7

“Behold, the field was ripe, and blessed are ye, for ye did thrust in the sickle, and did reap with your might, yea, all the day long did ye labor; and behold the number of your sheaves!  And they shall be gathered into the garners, that they are not wasted.
“Yea, they shall not be beaten down by the storm at the last day; yea, neither shall they be harrowed up by the whirlwinds; but when the storm cometh they shall be gathered together in their place, that the storm cannot penetrate to them; yea, neither shall they be driven with fierce winds whithersoever the enemy listeth to carry them.
“But behold, they are in the hands of the Lord of the harvest, and they are his; and he will raise them up at the last day.”

I know that it reads in past tense and I still have 11 months to go but I was reading this chapter specifically for Limache. I am far from perfect, but I worked my hardest and witnessed lots of miracles! I had the opportunity to help a few people receive the blessings of the gospel of Jesus Christ and was really sad to leave them behind. But there is a promise!!!!! They are not my converts. They are now in the hands of the Lord. He will look after them and He will help them press forward. I know that to be true. I’m so glad for all the things that I have learned with these changes in my life. I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father and that He wants us to be happy! I know that He has prepared a perfect plan of happiness that is specific for every one of us! 
So happy! So blessed! So grateful!

Thanks for all the prayers, love and support! Have a super great week! 

HOY ES EL DIA! 
Hermana Mannewitz  

Have to use hats here in Guemes because it is so hot!!!

I love my life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment