Monday, November 6, 2017

October 30, 2017

Hola! Another great week in Guemes! We worked so hard and saw lots of miracles! Bueno, here are the latest and greatest things that have happened in the life of a crazy gringa en Guemes. 

CHISTOSOS
· Someone legit asked me if I was a real Albino. My buddy, Kassidy, always made fun of me and my white skin throughout high school, calling me albino for a majority of our friendship but one lady really, truly thought that I was a classified albino. She asked me if I could look at the sun. Nope! Just a gringa with really white skin! 
· WOW. Ward choir was probably the funniest thing that has happened on my mission. First of all, latinos cannot sing very well but they are not ashamed. I was asked to play the piano for the choir and wow. It is so hard to concentrate and not laugh so much. One of the members asked me ¨what is so funny__ please stop laughing!  hahah I can´t help but laugh when they sing so loud and sooooo off tune. But one of the members finished his solo and turned around and told everyone that he obviously has the best voice in the choir. We have another practice on Wednesday and I’m pumped to say the least! 

MILAGROS
· OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! I saw Hermano Vieira!!!! The Vieira family is from Limache and are basically my best friends. They are so funny and bueno, I love them so much!  But when I left Limache, I didn´t get to say goodbye and that was really tough. But the other day we had a meeting in the church in Salta and he was in the church!  Such a great surprise!!!! I sure do miss my Limache homies but I know that this is the work of the Lord and so it’s all good! 
· We recently found a golden family!! I know that the gospel blesses the families so much so I have always wanted to find and teach a family! We found Belen and her family this week and she is amazing. She has so many desires to help her family have more unity and love and has already seen changes in her family by listening to the message of Jesus Christ. She has 4 kids and 2 of them are identical twins and they are both named Sylvana ' wierd no__ but keep Belen and her family in your prayers! They have a lot of economic problems and so it is difficult to attend church on Sundays! 
· The power of fast is so real!!!!! I know that I have already talked about the power and strength received from fasting but my testimony has been strengthened again! There is an investigator her in Guemes that has been investigating the church for a couple months and wants to be baptized but only has 14 years so he needs permission from his parents. But we did a fast, together - Aron, me and my companion - to receive divine help from above. And bueno, God listens to our prayers and recognizes our sacrifices! Aron came to church yesterday and his mom gave him permission to be baptized! We are truly seeing so many miracles as we put our faith in God and work with all our diligence!!! 
D&C 68:6  
Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the 
living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.

I know that God is on our side!!! Don’t be afraid to share the joy that we have in our life! We constantly have the support we need! 

Thank you for everything!!!  Love you all!! 

HOY ES EL DIA! 

♥ Hermana Mannewitz 

Cemeteries here in Argentina are above ground...super weird.

Homies can be together forever.  Shout out to my homies in Limache

Rock in the House . . . again


No comments:

Post a Comment