Monday, January 1, 2018

HUMP DAYYYYYYY

What an eventful week! I’ll give you the quick low down on what has been going on here in good ole Argentina: 

HUMP DAY (December 22): Wow. I completed 9 months in the mission field. Half way done! And it is truly flyyyyiing by! I have learned so so much these past nine months and can’t imagine what God has in store for me in the next 9 months. Hopefully lots of baptisms and better Spanish skills :)

CHRISTMAS!!!!!! Here in Argentina, Christmas Eve is bigger than Christmas Day. So on Christmas Eve we got to call our families and it was sooo good! My family is doing great and I know we are being blessed and protected. After our video, we went to Obispo´s house to eat a really fancy dinner. It was super yummy! I love Bishop and his family (our neighbors too so that’s a plus). We had to be in our apartment by 11 so we headed home but waited until midnight because there were so many fireworks! So weird to have fireworks on Christmas. Pero bueno. On Christmas Day we played soccer with Presidente and our zone (so Argentine).

BIRTHDAY!!!! Wow. I’m an oldie now. 20 years old. This was a birthday I will never forget! The members treated me so well with a fancy birthday lunch with birthday cake and lots of shout outs in the streets! To end the night, one of our investigadores made us PIZZAAA! My favorite! Then they sang and we ate and it was just a great day

NEW YEARS! YAY 2018!!!! I think 2017 was one of the best years of my life. I learned so much and really strengthened my relationship with our Heavenly Father. I am really excited for 2018 and all the crazy things that will happen - Max will graduate, I’ll come home from my mission and I’m sure we will have lots of happy moments as well as trials. But I love what my mom said. I am certain that 2 things will never change - my love for my Savior, Jesus Christ, and my love for my family! 

Yup! That was my crazy week here in Argentina! I hope you all had a memorable holiday and enjoyed the time spent with family! 

Spanish word of the week: nubes - clouds

Love you all! 

HOY ES EL DIA! 


♥ Hermana Mannewitz 

Good old Guemes!
9 months LOL
Do I look Latina yet?


Christmas Conference
That's the closest we will get to sitting on Santa's lap this year

SANTA! aka Presidente
Christmas Eve dinner with the Familia Isendorf

BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER!  one of my fav families from Limache came to visit
Familia Validiviezo (birthday)

Malvina
2018 is looking good with my crocs and homemade peanut butter

Sparkling cider


No comments:

Post a Comment