Monday, January 29, 2018

The tale of a bike, a dog, and a missionary

January 15, 2018

Yup! You guessed it! I crashed my bike! And let me tell you....it was not the prettiest sight to see haha! Hermana Westra and I were in a big hurry to save all the children of God and it was dark and there was a lot of dogs. I don’t know why all the dogs love the gringas but they are always barking and running real close to our wheels. Hermana Westra got a little scared and made a sharp turn right into my bike and I tumbled to the ground. I’m sure the lady drinking mate on her porch had a good laugh! Luckily, I didn´t hit my head and just have a few battle wounds on my elbows and knees! 

Also! It is officially rain season in Argentina! It rains pretty much on a daily basis and I love it! Well, mostly haha. The other day we were riding in a huge storm and we went to a neighborhood that is "more humble" let’s say. And there were RIVERS IN THE STREET! Legit rivers. I was literally knee deep in water. My only regret is that I didn’t have my camera to take pictures! But I’m sure that wasn’t the last storm so stay tuned for pictures to come! 

BUT WAIT THERES MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We met a crazy 83 year old man named Segundo who has a 26 year old girlfriend.  What a player.

Other than that, I am loving all the crazy adventures my mission has to offer! More than anything, I love the people! I find myself constantly thinking and praying for them. I desire their happiness and I know that true happiness only comes through Jesus Christ. There are so many things in the world that give us happiness....but it aint real. Don’t be tricked friends. Bueno, I too find joy in food and naps and hiking and skiing and all that jazz but TRUE, LASTING JOY only comes through Jesus Christ! Never forget that. 

I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints is the only true church and the only church that will bring us back to our Heavenly Father with our families forever. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and can be applied in our everyday life. So grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and His infinite love and sacrifice! 

Once again, I am in some creepy cyber so sorry for no pics! But thank you so much for all your love and support! 

HOY ES EL DIA! 

♥ Hermana Mann


PS - God still loves you even if you are ugly (wise words from Hermana Westra)

No comments:

Post a Comment