Monday, January 29, 2018

Let the games begin . . .

January 22, 2018

That’s right. Things are getting a little spicy here in Argentina. Carnaval is right around the corner and I thought that was only a thing in Brazil but it turns out to be a war here in Guemes too!  And I received my first water balloon toss this week - my ankle took the blame. But don’t worry, I gave them a nice smile in return because I am a disciple of Jesus Christ and we can’t throw water balloons back. We can only soak them with salvation (aka baptism) 

AND AKA WE NEED TO HAVE A BAPTISM HERE IN GUEMES! So please send your prayers this way for Misael and Aron. 

Misael has already been the answer to so many prayers. God is preparing people for His gospel. Misael has come to our English classes every week and is reading the Book of Mormon every day. We asked him if he did a prayer to ask God if it was true and his answer was one of the most amazing things I have ever heard. He explained the happiness he felt in His heart and the love of God. And because He loves us so much, He sent us the Book of Mormon to understand His will. Pray for Misael. And pray for us because he lives in a neighborhood far far away - uphill, 15 minute bike ride! But I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me :)

Aron only needs permission from his parents because he only has 14 years. We have talked to his mom and have seen a lot of progress. We believe that things are looking great and he should be entering the waters of baptism soon! 

haha I had to give a talk yesterday but no one knows my name because it is really hard. And before, I was the blonde missionary - literally everyone called me Hermana Rubia. But now we are two blondes so now I am the tall blonde missionary.  It’s ok. I love my nickname 

Yup. That was our week! Thanks for all your love and support! 

HOY ES EL DIA! 

♥ Hermana Mann

PS another week with an untrustworthy computer so sorry there are no photos. But picture Hermana Mannewitz with a big fat smile and some ice cream - that is my life


No comments:

Post a Comment