Monday, January 29, 2018

I'm still alive . . .

Well to explain the week in a quick story would be this: Hermana Westra fell off her bike and then blamed it on me. haha jk. But we have had some crazy experiences with the bikes. Love them 

Anyyyyway. We actually had a great week! Sadly we didn’t have any baptisms but we still worked hard and saw the Lord´s hand in His work every step of the way! 

Alright. So I haven’t given y’all a Spanish update in quite some time but here is a beautiful story about my Spanish. It is gettin better every day! I’m still not completely fluent but every can understand me and I understand everyone! (It’s a great combination) but there are always some people that say "I can’t understand her. She (my companion) speaks better" and that really discourages me. And lots of times I get all upset and come to the conclusion that it would be better if I just don’t talk. Yup. I just won’t say anything in the lesson. And after 10 months, I finally learned my lesson. (Of course it took me 10 months because sometimes I’m a little stubborn haha) but last night someone told me that they can’t understand me. So I got discouraged so I said a prayer to ask God to give me patience and love and all that good stuff. Then the craziest thought came into my little brain - who is really telling you that you don’t speak well? Who is telling you that you don’t need to talk? Or you don’t need to share your testimony of Jesus Christ? SATAN! Satan is trying to make me think that what the spirit guides me to say is not worth anything. So JUST TO SPITE SATAN, I talked in that lesson. And I bore sincere testimony. And the lady understood me. I know that this happens in the real world too. You don’t have to be speaking a different language for Satan to make you think that you aren’t good enough. So don’t let him win! Good try Satan. 

The latest excuse to not let us come into a house and teach: my bones are swollen. Alrighty ciao. 

We had a crazy storm here in Argentina and in the middle of lunch with obispo and his family, the tree in front of their house fell over and landed on their only car! Poor things already have a lot of stress and didn´t need anything else but they really kept it cool and trusted in God. Luckily, everyone is safe and their car doesn’t have a lot of damage! 

And with all the rain, almost everyone in the town has lost their jobs. Everyone works in the field and the fields got flooded so now everyone is selling more bread and empanadas and things like that to provide for their families! Pray for Argentina!

Life is too good friends! And the best peace comes from Jesus Christ 

John 16:33 reads, “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace.  In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.”

True happiness, hope and peace comes from His atoning sacrifice! Find peace through Him! 

Love you all! Thanks for everything! 

HOY ES EL DIA! 


♥ Hermana Mannewitz  

Mangos!!!  But really just check out my watch tan line.

10 months
Phase 10 for 10 months


Bought this donut because I thought it would taste like Krispy Kreme.  Was a little disappointed but all good.  Life is good!

Classico
Zone Conference

worry.  be happy.  The don't part rubbed off so now I just have to worry.  hahaha
The tree that fell on Bishop's car






No comments:

Post a Comment