Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Happy Anniversary


Hello family and friends! We had a super crazy week but I absolutely loved it. God is so good and I absolutely love the mission. 

We are gonna throw it back to ONE YEAR AGO when I came on the mission and all my letters were so organized and I was all spiritual and all that jazz. (But really, can’t believe that it has been almost a year. do y’all miss me yet?) 

Anyways............

CHISTOSOS:
·       So I have a little book that I call my smile book because there are so many reasons to smile but at the same time, life is hard. So I always right down the things that make me smile to help remind me of the countless blessings God gives me every day. Here are the latest entries in my smile book:
·       (Hermana Williams and I were explaining that training is like your life. And week 5 is like having 7 or 8 years) HW: so basically you are my mom and you come to school to eat lunch with me and all my friends think you’re cool
·       When someone doesn’t come to church because they are making lunch for you. Face palm so hard. Thank you but ummm...your salvation
·       Mauro, one of our faithful investigadores had a shirt that said I would cuddle you so hard. He don’t speak English and has no idea what it means but H Williams and I were dying. 
·       H Williams: Why am I fea and untalented. I just want to be a cougarette.
·       Bombas de papa con arroz. CARBS CARBS CARBS CARBS CARBS
·       I freakin’ hate Satan.....H Williams and I are not gonna let Satan win. He has nothing on us.
·       Nadia, the wife of a member that goes to church and pays her tithing but is not baptized. We were explaining that in the ward conference we were gonna do a lot of sustainings and she says "I’m gonna be baptized today so I can reject everything tomorrow" lol alright.
·       (Sharing a scripture in lunch. The dude is already reading it and it’s a scripture a little weird) H Williams: this is NOT what I wanted to share. Spanish man. It’s hard.

HAHAHAH LIFE IS GOOD AND H WILLIAMS IS SO FUNNY LOVE HER

But yeah....MILAGROS too
·       So we aren’t that lost anymore but sometimes we just look really lost. haha But last night we were looking for a family and we had the address to their house so we were walking casually down the street when suddenly three young kids started yelling at us "are y’all missionaries???" Hermana Williams and I were like ummmm yeah. So we turned around and walked to their house and it turns out that the mom is a member and lots of her kids are not members and they want to return to church so they were so happy to see us! I know that God is leading us in every part of this work!  He placed us in that street, a little lost, at just the right moment to find them! 
·       So on Saturday and Sunday we didn’t have any more food in the apartment and we didn’t have any money to buy more food. So I was secretly praying that someone would give us food AND THEY DID. The members take so good care of us and gave us bombas de papa, popcorn, candy, bananas, all kinds of good stuff. God really does listen to all the desires of our heart. 
·       We had a GREAT lesson with the familia Aguirre. They need to get married in order to be baptized and we talked a lot about the plan of God. And then we talked about how Satan wants us to be miserable. Then idk what happen but I went on a huge rant about Satan and that we can NOT let him win! You have got to pray. You have got to read your scriptures. And you need to go to church. Don’t let Satan make you miserable! 
·       La familia Aslan is always a miracle because if lunch falls through, we can always go to their house and they always have milanessa ready to go...my favorite. 
·       EL MILAGRO DE TODOS LOS MILAGROS! So yesterday in church a young family that I didn’t know just showed up and I was like. Umm hello who are you (and bueno, I have done that a lot but this time I knew they were new) and they said that they had come to the church a couple years ago one time and they really liked what they felt. So they came back and want to be BAPTIZED YAYYYYYY I love it when God just places the miracles on a special plate all ready to eat. Ahhhhh I’m just so happy! 

Let me tell y’all a little something about grace. Wait....God is gonna tell y’all a little about grace 

2 Nefi 25:23  “For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do.”

I absolutely love this scripture and the doctrine of grace. But I am a firm believer that we are not only saved AFTER all we can do but WHILE WE DO IT too!  God isn’t just waiting at the finish line...He is with us every step of the way. And we are not only saved by grace but CHANGED. A change in our heart that makes us a better person and a better disciple of Jesus Christ. 

Love you all! Thanks for everything! 

COME WHAT MAY AND LOVE IT! 

H Mann

Got to go find the best ice cream in Tucumán. We are on a search...tbc


Is this the most awkward photo ever or what?

mother daughter <3

sneak peek....


No comments:

Post a Comment