Monday, April 2, 2018

TEMPLO


HEY FRIENDS. I’M JUST SO HAPPY AND THERE IS A LOT I CAN WRITE BUT I JUST WANT TO TELL ALL OF YOU THAT WE ARE GONNA GET A TEMPLE HERE IN SALTA ARGENTINA AND I’M JUST SO HAPPY!!!!!! 

So now I want to share about the spiritual experience I had when they announced the temple here where my heart is....

So I started my mission in Salta and had the great opportunity to be there for almost 11 months. I loooove Salta and absolutely love the people. They are so friendly and full of charity and just accept me like their own children. They have such great faith and make real big, true sacrifices to show their love to God. In Guemes, the temple trip they were planning turned into a rollercoaster ride. They didn’t have enough money and the bus was too small and they had to sell a lot of bread and get days of work - something that we normally don’t have to worry about. Anyways, I have seen so many sacrifices they make so they can keep the commandments and attend the temple. Here in Manantial, the temple is a little closer but still - an 8 hour bus ride. And yesterday we watched General Conference with the Familia Suarez, maybe one of my favorite families in the whole ward. The Suarez family are true and faithful members and have had their fair share of trials. Recently they were planning a trip to the temple but for family difficulties were not able to go. When Presidente Nelson was announcing the temples, the room was silent. Then when he said that there would be a temple here in SALTA  ARGENTINA the spirit hit us all soooo hard. We were all in tears. And that doesn’t mean that if you are crying you feel the spirit. But it was just so powerful. I think that was the first moment I have happy cried.  I am just so grateful for this opportunity to serve and share the true joy I have because I am a member of the church. I know that this temple will change sooooooooooooo many lives - as it has changed my own. I know this is the Lord’s church that He is LEADING US through a modern prophet. I am just so so so happy. 

So that was def the highlight of my week but we had other great moments too! Like when.... 
-       Hermano Suarez made us "brownies"
-       The bus guy let us ride for free
-       We made banana pancakes
-       One day we ate lunch with the Familia Aslan with REAL pasta sauce 
-       We ate humita!!!! Look it up on google or something....it is a corn soup! Super yummy! 
-       Evvvvveeeeerrryyyyyttthhhhhhiiiinnnng was closed on Friday for Good Friday because here everyone thinks that because Jesus died, Satan has a "free day" so everyone is super scared and hides in their house all day
-       When members drove us home in their car
-       Watching general conference in English with all the gringos

Kinda crazy letter but know that I am HAPPY and GRATEFUL and I hope you all are too! Have a super great week! 

COME WHAT MAY AND LOVE IT! 

Hermana Mann 

LOOK AT THIS CUTE FAM

the most expensive and most delicious waffles

Familia Suarez - waffle selfie

my favorite - Hermano Suarez

call us pros

trophy wife (they are not pancakes - they are tombs)

Zona


No comments:

Post a Comment